Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any stories about increased interest in EVs because of gas crisis ins SouthEast?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine lives there and says gas prices are up to $7/gal. There are four states so far that have declared States of Emergency. What has the media said that blows that out of proportion?
please tell us more, where is this blatant price gouging going on?
are you aware that all the affected states declared a state of emergency and in a state of emergency price gouging like your friend claims is happening is very illegal.

if you are in the hardest hit places like GA,SC,NC or VA around half the stations have no fuel, it isn't the full blown no gas scenario the media is selling.
Yes and no. It doesn't help if the 50% of places that do have gas are 2+ hours away from you in the country and you live in the city.

I've heard stories of people driving around looking for gas but haven't paid too much attention since I WFH (and have a BEV 🤣 )

Reactions: cwerdna
He wasn't before, I am trying to leverage this event into getting him an EV. I did see that state of emergency, he told me about the price before. I assume they had to drop the prices when that happened.
so you're one of those EV evangelicals always proselytizing everyone you meet about your love of EVs.
I take a different tack. I will talk all day long about how the EVs work, but only if asked.
pushing people to adapt your views and values? no bueno

Pipeline is back online.
that is true, but it will take more than a few days to get the movement of fuels back up to speed.
one thing that I find very interesting is the lack of impact on flight ops out of NY/NJ because all the jet A is piped in via this pipeline. they must have some huge storage capacities.
for your edification

Last edited:
Yes and no. It doesn't help if the 50% of places that do have gas are 2+ hours away from you in the country and you live in the city.

I've heard stories of people driving around looking for gas but haven't paid too much attention since I WFH (and have a BEV 🤣 )
sadly for you, you are in NC which appears to be the hardest hit region.
so for you this is a big issue, while others who are in areas not impacted as hard are just being squeezed by higher prices for fuel.

sadly for you, you are in NC which appears to be the hardest hit region.
so for you this is a big issue, while others who are in areas not impacted as hard are just being squeezed by higher prices for fuel.
Luckily Governor Cooper put NC in a state of emergency so gas prices couldn't be raised in NC. Of course people still act like idiots and all go run out to get gas even though they don't need it, this is what happens when we get 1 inch of snow:

1620911075879.png

Attachments

• 1620910921925.png
    1620910921925.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: alexgr and DanCar