Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tricks to getting solar roof tiles started in Texas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy,

I've been watching Tesla solar for awhile now even though it was not offered in my area (Corpus Christi 78418). During one of my weekly website checks, I had the ability to order so I did. Entered address, size requests, etc, even placed a deposit.

This house could be a model home for solar roof tiles with contractors and builders in the area. Lots of South facing unobstructed roof, no shading, year round sun, etc.

A few months later I called to make a change and was told that actually, no it is NOT offered in my area. Website check confirmed I would not be able to place a new order at that time.

Now, the website says "We don't serve this area currently. You can reserve solar and Powerwall below" so it sounds like Tesla is taking orders again!

I understand that what I have is a placeholder reservation and I will have to wait an undetermined amount of time as Tesla starts installations in this area.

My question is "are there any tips or tricks to have my reservation picked sooner"?

As someone who scored a spot to be a Starlink beta tester, I know there can be ways and methods to accelerate a selection process.

Thanks in advance!