Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any updates on Tesla insurance offering expansion to Georgia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After lots of new early in 2022 that Tesla had filed to offer insurance in Georgia effective November 2022, I never heard any more about it. Now March 2023 and I can’t find any news, updates, etc. on the status of the filing. Had anyone else heard any updates? Anybody here know someone at the Commissioner’s office they could ping for an update?

Reactions: enzo
You really want it?
Have Tesla insurance, just got DMV letter "Intent to Suspend" for lack of insurance (I kinda know the OP.)
Tesla Insurance Claim Check Bounced with his saga at Tesla Insurance Experience Being the Not At Fault Driver.

Upvote 0
Don't be in such a hurry to get it, my Tesla insurance rate keeps going up even though I have no tickets or accidents and my State doesn't allow them to use the Safety Score. And I'm in no hurry for them to allow the Safety Score to be used in determining my rate because avoiding an accident through no fault of mine would be used against me. Tesla likes to pretend that most people will end up with lower insurance rates using it but I think it's the opposite. And forget using track mode on the weekend at a track with Performance cars, because that will lower your Safety Score too.

Upvote 0