Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any urgency for FSD HW3 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been asked recently, searched the forum for "FSD" and "HW3" and couldn't find a recent post about this.

I recently bought a used late 2018 Model S with FSD. It has (I think) HW 2.5. It's eligible for the HW3 update.

Are there any features that are currently available in the software but will only be available with HW3? Finding time to drop off the car and wait for it to be serviced is not my top priority. So wondering if there's actually anything I'm missing out on at the moment.

No.

Our 2018 X was upgraded to the new FSD processor last week, and all we gained was visuals showing stop lights, stop signs, traffic cones and intersection lines.

Musk has stated the FSD software is undergoing a major rewrite and once that's completed, they'll be rolling out new functionality faster.

Until that's done, not much reason to get the new FSD processor...

• Disagree
Reactions: dipper
Nothing really. If you use no confirmation lane changes, HW2.5 can get you stuck in the passing lane, but you can just use the turn signal to fix this.

I am happy I have it for the eventual software update that takes advantage of it tho....