Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any webaccess to Tesla controls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming the answer is no, mostly due to security and such.

But I can't take my phone into work, so I usually leave it in my car. I don't have my Tesla yet, but once I have it in the winter I'd like to preheat the cabin and such ahead of time, but since I won't have my phone, I can't do that. I also don't leave at a specific time (though the +/- is only 20-30 minutes) so I couldn't schedule it properly either.

I use Tasker with Tesla plugin to manage all these things. Really recommend for any Tasker competent users. I run it on an old android phone (no sim needed) always on wifi. Manages charge level during the week and preconditioning at home and work (i work shifts so this would be tedious by hand). There was a simple website a year or 2 ago which stopped working when 2FA arrived. It gave a few controls via the api. I would love to see that again. I will dig it out when I get into work.

There was a free app called VisibleTesla that allowed you to control your car. And of course, if you can wear an AppleWatch, any of the 3rd party apps will allow you to turn on your climate controls.