Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any white Model S owners done full black top like the Range Rovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
Wondering how this would look like on a white MS with pano/glass. The white frames that run along the roof sides down to the trunk - it that could be black-wrapped (along with blackening of chrome window linings and mirror cases), I wonder how that would look.

I find the below range rover (& I think the new 2018 leaf model will have this) quite attractive. Couple that with black wheels...

would love to see if anyone has done this to their white MS?
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.48.41 AM.png

cheers

Definitely seems pretty do-able. That said, around here there are a lot of guys that do that to their Dodge Chargers. Not sure why, but I see it all the time. For that reason I'd personally steer away. Ranges are very boxy and I think that helps the look of having a split black/white setup. In addition, the lines and panel gaps help with doing that split in a very uniform way. Our cars don't have those same breaks. Just looking at the rear end, where would you make the line? Our front panel gaps between the hood, a-pillar, and door don't line up very well either. Could look wonky...

Reactions: phaduman
Definitely seems pretty do-able. That said, around here there are a lot of guys that do that to their Dodge Chargers. Not sure why, but I see it all the time. For that reason I'd personally steer away. Ranges are very boxy and I think that helps the look of having a split black/white setup. In addition, the lines and panel gaps help with doing that split in a very uniform way. Our cars don't have those same breaks. Just looking at the rear end, where would you make the line? Our front panel gaps between the hood, a-pillar, and door don't line up very well either. Could look wonky...
Completely agree with your conclusions. There is not a natural line to follow on the S.

Just the top would work, but there is no natural break in the rear.