Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any word of increased range Model Y in the works? 350+ mile range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's is no information available to lead anyone to believe there will be a range increase in the near term. Model Y just got a boost within the last two weeks. Long Range increased from 316 miles to 326 miles and Performance increased from 291 miles to 303 miles. It's worth noting, this increase in range applies to both 2020 and 2021 model year vehicles as it was delivered via software upgrade.

There's no need to wait. If you're interested, I suggest placing an order and getting in the queue.

Reactions: 907XCP
Trace Tesla's history, and you will see that most models average a 4-6% increase per year. That's actually a pretty big range, but it varies by vehicle and trim. The Model Y recently say an increase of less than 5% to get to 326 miles on the longest range trim. Just going on past trends, it seems likely that it will get to 350+ somewhere around 2022 or 2023.

Obviously this is all guesswork, but its been pretty consistent for quite a while now.

Ok, thanks guys.

On the Model X, the 22" wheels compared to the 20" lead to a significant range reduction. (10-15%). Thats per some really reliable sources on the MX forums

Is there any data out there about the 21" uberturbine wheels and how much of the range decrease from LR to Performance is in fact due to these wheels?

Ok, thanks guys.

On the Model X, the 22" wheels compared to the 20" lead to a significant range reduction. (10-15%). Thats per some really reliable sources on the MX forums

Is there any data out there about the 21" uberturbine wheels and how much of the range decrease from LR to Performance is in fact due to these wheels?

I think it is all a result of the wheels. The "stealth" performance models had the same range rating as the non-performance.

How do I order a 'stealth' performance model?

Just talk to your Sales Advisor. They can find them. I happened to ask today and he located 2 and both with a discount off MSRP. Wish I could have got one, but waiting for 7 seater.

Stealth is the best of all worlds... Have P3D- and would do it exactly the same way all over again

Patiently waiting for my PYD- 7 Seater with FSD... But annoyed the FSD price keeps going up

Just talk to your Sales Advisor. They can find them. I happened to ask today and he located 2 and both with a discount off MSRP. Wish I could have got one, but waiting for 7 seater.

Stealth is the best of all worlds... Have P3D- and would do it exactly the same way all over again

Patiently waiting for my PYD- 7 Seater with FSD... But annoyed the FSD price keeps going up

Do you remember how much it was? I just placed an order for an LR AWD but wouldn't mind buying a Stealth.

The only thing that would bump range is if the batteries with increased density (not the battery day cells) start to get put into production in mass scale. I wouldn’t expect this for Atleast 6 months.
The air suspension rumors is something I’d rather over a little jump in range.