TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any X owners with the towing package in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ratsbew, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

#1 ratsbew, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Are there any Model X owners with a towing package equipped vehicle in the Colorado area? Or owners willing to road trip there?

The reason I ask, is because it would be great if you could team up with the guys from The Fast Lane Truck to have them do a towing review. Towing reviews are their specialty. They use the steepest part of I-70 in Colorado and tow trailers that are right at the max of what vehicles are rated to tow.

They also descend the mountain so it would be interesting to see how regen braking keeps a 5,000lb trailer under control.

Link to their site, you can contact them through it if interested: http://www.tfltruck.com/tfltruck-hall-ike-gauntlet/

I feel like this would answer a lot of questions we all have about the true towing abilities of the X.

2. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Bump. If not getting with these guys, is anybody planning an extreme towing video??

3. jsollender

jsollender Member

Just drove down Floyd hill, and having gone up and down I-70 from Denver to Vail, I had hoped to glimpse a Model X. So far, I have yet to see one in the wild in Denver metro area, although I have seen 2 through the cracks in the door at the pre-delivery SC on Leetsdale. They are a rare bird in Colorado so far as I can see at this point.

4. Adrian

Adrian Title(D)

I would not feel safe lending my car, of any sort, to those people. That driving is downright dangerous and verging on insane. 3700 lbs overweight, and look at that sway - some places he's way into the next lane.