Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody bought from Taptes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did your circle plastic dots have any rubber feet in them or were they unfilled? They look like there should be Something in them.

The rear charger has plastic dots have no rubber feet, they fit perfectly over the holes in the tray.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 10.51.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 10.51.47 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: sa012
Taptes just announced they have an updated Model 3 USB Hub

TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub Pro
TAPTES promotion price! Just $29.99 to get your Model 3 USB Hub Pro now!
TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub Pro

View attachment 566702 View attachment 566703 View attachment 566704 View attachment 566705

Finally received my Taptes USB Hub Pro in the mail today!

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1396.jpg

First impressions: Build quality and materials feel and looks pretty good. I can't compare to Jeda Hub since I've never used it before.
The front has all USB-A ports and same hidden compartment similar to Jeda Hub. It's basically a clone of it anyways.

Will install and try it out for a few days.

Reactions: TTinNJ

View attachment 576463 View attachment 576464 View attachment 576465

First impressions: Build quality and materials feel and looks pretty good. I can't compare to Jeda Hub since I've never used it before.
The front has all USB-A ports and same hidden compartment similar to Jeda Hub. It's basically a clone of it anyways.

I just ordered mine, will have it in 2 weeks. I was wary of the Gen 1 Taptes USB hub because it had some limitations. This one has more USB ports and is a true hub. I can’t wait to get it and try it out.

I ordered the charger from Taptes June 10. Tracking shows that it was given to Chinas post office July 2. And when I just checked today, I found out it was cancelled July 14th. I just emailed Taptes to find out whats going on.
upload_2020-8-16_11-0-23.png

View attachment 576463 View attachment 576464 View attachment 576465

Is it compatible with the new USB-C and USB-A set up in the Model 3 and Y? Does the hub need to be attached into two USB-A ports or just one?

I just ordered mine, will have it in 2 weeks. I was wary of the Gen 1 Taptes USB hub because it had some limitations. This one has more USB ports and is a true hub. I can’t wait to get it and try it out.

Got the hub last week and installed it. Paired it with a 250GB Sandisk Extreme SSD. Some thoughts:

• This is designed for pre-June builds where the car has two USB-A in the front.
  • Packaging says that all 6 USB ports have both power and data connections, though the charging rate will be limited if you have several devices plugged in at once.
  • Fits in the car very snugly, looks like it could've come with the car. One word of caution: the fit is so snug, I had to struggle a little bit to get it into the right position and to get it plugged in. Not too much trouble, but you should be prepared that it won't just slide right in easily.
  • The panel covering the inner compartment feels solid and fastens securely using magnets.
  • My one complaint is with connecting the SSD to the USB within the compartment. They give you a UBS-A to USB-C cord included with the hub, but it's too long. To fit the SSD in the compartment, I have to turn it on it's side (think Landscape orientation), meaning the port on the SSD is at one end of the compartment. As you can see in the picture posted above, the cord reaches to the middle of the compartment, basically as far from either end as it could be. This forced me to bend the cord pretty tightly in order to get it to plug into the SSD. I was able to make it work, but the cord is definitely under stress in the position that it's in, and it wouldn't surprise me if it fails at some point in the future. The cord needs to be either 2 inches shorter or 2 inches longer.
Overall, I'm happy with it, as I now have more USB ports than I know what to do with and it looks almost OEM.

Got the hub last week and installed it. Paired it with a 250GB Sandisk Extreme SSD. Some thoughts:

• This is designed for pre-June builds where the car has two USB-A in the front.
  • Packaging says that all 6 USB ports have both power and data connections, though the charging rate will be limited if you have several devices plugged in at once.
  • Fits in the car very snugly, looks like it could've come with the car. One word of caution: the fit is so snug, I had to struggle a little bit to get it into the right position and to get it plugged in. Not too much trouble, but you should be prepared that it won't just slide right in easily.
  • The panel covering the inner compartment feels solid and fastens securely using magnets.
  • My one complaint is with connecting the SSD to the USB within the compartment. They give you a UBS-A to USB-C cord included with the hub, but it's too long. To fit the SSD in the compartment, I have to turn it on it's side (think Landscape orientation), meaning the port on the SSD is at one end of the compartment. As you can see in the picture posted above, the cord reaches to the middle of the compartment, basically as far from either end as it could be. This forced me to bend the cord pretty tightly in order to get it to plug into the SSD. I was able to make it work, but the cord is definitely under stress in the position that it's in, and it wouldn't surprise me if it fails at some point in the future. The cord needs to be either 2 inches shorter or 2 inches longer.
Overall, I'm happy with it, as I now have more USB ports than I know what to do with and it looks almost OEM.

I ordered the new “post-June 2020” hub and it took a few weeks to arrive. Agree still a SUPER tight fit; in fact it was so snug that it wouldn’t go in even after a few tries so I tried powering the USB-A and USB-C sides off wall chargers first to make sure they worked. All good. Quality seems fine esp given the discount over the JEDA version. Agree all these places take your money quick (that’s credit card processing for ya, whether “Chinese” or Kickstarter) and delivery can be very delayed nowadays. After really pushing the hub, it literally “snapped” into place with a surprisingly loud “crack” but everything is working fine.

My experience with PimpMyEV has not been good. Delivery of products takes 3-4 weeks and the instructions that come with them are barely literate and not helpful at all. Latest example is a product listed on their web site as a “Center Console Ambient Lighting Kit for Model 3 & Y.” One would think that’s a product made specifically for Tesla Model 3 or Y. But it came in a box labeled “Automobile Atmosphere Lamp.” A generic product for sure. The box also had a remote contoller pictured on the outside, but no remote was in the box. Evidently the lighting is controlled by a phone app, but nowhere do they identify the name of the phone app or provide download instructions. In short, buyer beware. I won’t be buying anything again from PimpMyEv. The only one pimped was me. I should have known better when I saw the name of the company.

Curious as to people's experience with Taptes products. Quality, fit, ease of use, etc.

Thanks
Yes, I bought from them and all I can say is BUYER BEWARE! They advertised a set of 4 Tesla jack pads for $15. I received 1 and someone named Andy said that was the price. He refused to make it right even with a confirmation email stating it was 4 in the package. I bought a set of 4 with a nice bag for $19. Definitely a rip off.

DO NOT BUY TAPTES. When I needed to return an item the reply was "we sent it from Hong Kong so it will cost you too much to send it" No where do they mention this a one way purchase. They recommended that I "give it a friend or sell it". Ya thanks.