Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody come from a mustang gt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going from an NA engine to a Tesla is kind of weird.

IMHO, the Tesla drives more like a turbocharged car with a boatload of torque and no gears. It drives completely differently than an NA as the immediacy is just other-worldly.
Indeed, the instant response is awesome, which can really only be appreciated when driving solo since your passengers will start to feel sick. :) On the other hand I also like how NA engines build power across the rev range. For example, the engine is the star of the show in the new C8 Z06. 670hp out of a flat plane crank that revs to 8600rpm. It is that engine character that makes the driving experience special. I hope there is something to get excited about when it comes to EV powertrains. I guess we will leave it to Dodge and the upcoming eMusclecars to see if they can make electric powertrains exciting.

Indeed, the instant response is awesome, which can really only be appreciated when driving solo since your passengers will start to feel sick. :) On the other hand I also like how NA engines build power across the rev range. For example, the engine is the star of the show in the new C8 Z06. 670hp out of a flat plane crank that revs to 8600rpm. It is that engine character that makes the driving experience special. I hope there is something to get excited about when it comes to EV powertrains. I guess we will leave it to Dodge and the upcoming eMusclecars to see if they can make electric powertrains exciting.
When I have a passenger and I know I'm going to accelerate, I always say "Head back, face forward"