Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody ship their roadster across country?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tesla shipped my C.P.O. from Fremont to Virginia, they used Plycar. I was kept up to date as to where they were, and my Roadster arrived in absolutely perfect condition. (Of course, since Tesla paid, I don't know how they compare price-wise.) Their phone number is 631-269-7000. Happy trails!

I bought a used Model S a couple of years ago (a year after buying my Roadster) and the folks at the Tesla Service Center in Scottsdale recommended Go2Transport:

Go2 Transportation and Logistics

No complaints. If I recall correctly, it cost $1000 to ship enclosed from Seattle, WA to Phoenix, AZ. The Model S arrived safely in 3 days in a covered semi trailer with a car lift. The driver told me there were 2 rows of cars in the trailer including 3 other Model S's in the trailer along with a bunch of test vehicles to be delivered at the VW proving grounds south of Phoenix.

Used Plycar to ship from San Fran to Columbus Ohio. A bit expensive, can't recall the exact amount but around $2000. It was a enclosed trailer. The communication could have been better. They couldn't get me an exact date or time when they were going to arrive until the last minute. This was concerning to me as I already had plans to be out of town and wasn't sure if I was going to make it back in time for delivery.
Besides that the car arrived in perfect condition.