Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Replica r241 19x9.5 for their new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that’s good news.
are they the 64.1 hubcentric version ?
Hey they are indeed....unfortunately, like others said, I was called early this morning with bad news that the black R241 in 19x8.5 are backordered til march, shipping from overseas....bummer... so I ended up going with FC04s b/c at this rate the snow will be gone by the time I wait for the R241s in black 19x8.5

Be sure that any wheels you want to use meet the Tesla Model Y gross axle weight rating (GAWR) specifications: (Source: Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual, page 182.)

GAWR Front (all tires): 3005 lbs
GAWR Rear (19"): 3607 lbs
GAWR Rear (20"): 3307 lbs
GAWR Rear (21") 3505 lbs

The Replika 19" R241 wheel with a load rating of 1808 lbs (X2 = 3616 lbs) appears to meet the Model Y's GAWR for 19" wheels for the rear axle.

The Replika R241 19x8.5 load rating is 1698 lbs (X2 = 3,396) according to the Replika website which is short of the 3,607 lbs for GAWR Rear. The 19x9.5 meets both front and rear GAWR specs at 1808 lbs.

Debating if it's worth the risk to go with the 8.5 on my performance.

Reactions: zikronix
Hello all. Brand new to this forum and looking to get a model Y LR in the coming months and prefer the ride of smaller wheels like the Gemini 19. Prefer a black look so looking to get he replika 19” and removing the stock Gemini tires and put them on replikas for summer and get winter tires for the Gemini’s towards the end of the year. While I have read through this topic, I would still like the definitive info on which replika wheels to get satin black to use the current tires that come on the Gemini wheels. Prefer less chance for curb rash so thinking maybe the 8.5 version but not sure. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

The Replika R241 19x8.5 load rating is 1698 lbs (X2 = 3,396) according to the Replika website which is short of the 3,607 lbs for GAWR Rear. The 19x9.5 meets both front and rear GAWR specs at 1808 lbs.

Debating if it's worth the risk to go with the 8.5 on my performance.
I would think it's ok as long as you adhere to the 20" ratings for towing. Was just checking that as well.

Still waiting for these to ship from Canada. ETA is now April 9 (I assume that's when wheelwhiz.ca will get them). Pushed back repeatedly from March 3 initially.

Reactions: Sousvide
I was considering the same as Ericft - 19x8.5 wheels but with 245 or 255 tires. Seemed like less weight, less risk of curb rash.

I asked T Sportline about putting their TST 19x8.5 M3 wheels on my MY and they said, "While they physically fit, they are not load rated for the weight of the Model Y and they do not sit in a proper offset position, which will in turn affect driveability, handling and performance. We do not recommend ever using Model 3 wheels on a Model Y."

I was considering the same as Ericft - 19x8.5 wheels but with 245 or 255 tires. Seemed like less weight, less risk of curb rash.

I asked T Sportline about putting their TST 19x8.5 M3 wheels on my MY and they said, "While they physically fit, they are not load rated for the weight of the Model Y and they do not sit in a proper offset position, which will in turn affect driveability, handling and performance. We do not recommend ever using Model 3 wheels on a Model Y."
I looked into it, and I don't understand either of TSportline's points:
- Their Model 3 and Model Y wheels (only difference is the width) have the same load rating
- Their Model Y wheels don't match the offset of the stock wheels (TSportline's are +35, Geminis are +45)

Baby girl came. Socks with sandals not included. Also going to use the Replica center caps and apply new T logo on top of that. The amazon one looks too cheap
64125812874__D8CBC89E-864F-4901-B244-E7A8A41D10F2.jpg

Baby girl came. Socks with sandals not included. Also going to use the Replica center caps and apply new T logo on top of that. The amazon one looks too cheapView attachment 657818

Nice! What Tesla Logos did you order? They are stick on then instead of replacement caps? I bought previous silver caps and I thought they looked good, but always like seeing different options.

Nice! What Tesla Logos did you order? They are stick on then instead of replacement caps? I bought previous silver caps and I thought they looked good, but always like seeing different options.
So I'm going with the matte white paint with the replika 241's with the dark blue brake calipers and logo theme

I keep getting paranoid that I got the wrong wheel sizes but I checked so many websites to be sure lol. The OP was wondering about 35 and 45 mm offset but mine was 40mm.

Baby girl came. Socks with sandals not included. Also going to use the Replica center caps and apply new T logo on top of that. The amazon one looks too cheapView attachment 657818
Where you able to remove the center caps once wheels already installed on car? Or did you put the blue Tesla sticker on the center caps and install on the wheel before mounting them on the car?
I used OEM Tesla center caps on my Gemini wheels and was able to use a suction puller to remove while wheel mounted but not sure I can do that with the stock replika center caps. They seem tightly in place.