Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else experiencing Headliner noise issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly after delivery of my car in Late October last year, we noticed a rattling noise coming from the headliner close to the front driver visor area. We took it back several times and eventually they fixed it. Only shortly after the noise came back but in a different area - headliner above the front passenger window area - you hear it only once you go over a rough bumps - still very annoying - I shouldn't be experiencing these problems in a car that is just over 6 months old.

I thought my car was unique in this regard. However, we received a loaner early this year and detected a similar noise elsewhere in the headliner area. Now we have a new loaner car and once again, it has a headliner noise issue. So far for me, 3 out of 3 Tesla Model S cars I have driven have had a similar issue.

I hope they fix it once and for all. But I must say, I am getting increasingly disappointed with the build quality of the car.

Experiencing same issue but originating from both the driver side headliner and the pano roof center cross beam also on the drivers side.

And similar to you, took delivery Oct 2015 and had the issue serviced in November, with the noise coming back within 2 months. It's super annoying but don't want to bother trying to get it fixed given the service center issues. Planning to get it addressed in the annual service.

Welcome ideas getting this fixed once and for all.

Experiencing same issue but originating from both the driver side headliner and the pano roof center cross beam also on the drivers side.

And similar to you, took delivery Oct 2015 and had the issue serviced in November, with the noise coming back within 2 months. It's super annoying but don't want to bother trying to get it fixed given the service center issues. Planning to get it addressed in the annual service.

Welcome ideas getting this fixed once and for all.

I had same issue with my model s about 4 or 5 weeks after delivery, the most annoying rattle from above drivers side visor area...Although tesla service was sympathetic to concerns and did try to cure, I had to be quite persistent and after atleast 3 trips to service, i didnt care about being annoying after i spent approx 80k for car, then it was eventually determined that the headliner was defective, and had to be replaced. Once replaced, is now fine, so if they cannot cure, I would push them to simply replace entire headliner and don't stop until they do it!

Also, since car is just so quiet, you can be prone to hearing little noises that you would normally never hear in a traditional gas engine vehicle which took me some time to get used to especially with kids car seats in back bouncing around

Good luck,