Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have issues with their 2021 refresh Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll have to wait and see if it is "truly resolved" but the update in my app sounds like they actually found/diagnosed it and fixed it. Fingers crossed 🤞

IMG_6601.png

I'll have to wait and see if it is "truly resolved" but the update in my app sounds like they actually found/diagnosed it and fixed it. Fingers crossed 🤞

View attachment 887132
So looks like the issue is now resolved. Picked up the car on Tuesday and have driven it since. No errors popping up. They did say that this is the absolute last they can do. They replaced a bunch of parts. I asked what if it shows up again and he said it’s above his pay grade but I should escalate towards lemon law.

9C4EAE37-A740-47CF-93B1-7A92A0B28B2A.jpeg

So looks like the issue is now resolved. Picked up the car on Tuesday and have driven it since. No errors popping up. They did say that this is the absolute last they can do. They replaced a bunch of parts. I asked what if it shows up again and he said it’s above his pay grade but I should escalate towards lemon law.

View attachment 888515
That was a LOT!! Mine has been fine since the above repair

Interesting thread. I have a 2021 Palladium LR that is back in the shop for the fifth time in 14 months. Last ‘repair’ lasted 890 kilometres. The car has been great otherwise but this problem keeps shifting from pax airbag to driver airbag to controller to harness. Exhausting 😑

I went another round on the SRS system fault. Nameless (my '21 MSLR) has now been in for service 4-5 times on this issue (depending on how you count it). It's been "fixed" twice and the issue recurred again each time. For the most recent iteration, they diagnosed a part needing replacement a month ago and ordered it. The part came in and I brought Nameless in on Monday to take care of it.

I decided to wait as the time estimate was 3 hrs. After exactly 3 hours, my car had not yet moved from where I parked it. 3 hours later, they decided to give me a loaner and send me home. So 6 hours waiting for nothing. I finally picked Nameless up Thursday (yesterday), and so far so good. No airbag dinging or error indicator. The Service Summary says:

"Replaced Restraint Control Module.
Replaced Steering Column Control Module.
Replaced Driver Airbag."

All still under warranty (I'm at 53K but this has been going on for two years so it was all covered this week.)

I hope that was the final chapter.

I went another round on the SRS system fault. Nameless (my '21 MSLR) has now been in for service 4-5 times on this issue (depending on how you count it). It's been "fixed" twice and the issue recurred again each time. For the most recent iteration, they diagnosed a part needing replacement a month ago and ordered it. The part came in and I brought Nameless in on Monday to take care of it.

I decided to wait as the time estimate was 3 hrs. After exactly 3 hours, my car had not yet moved from where I parked it. 3 hours later, they decided to give me a loaner and send me home. So 6 hours waiting for nothing. I finally picked Nameless up Thursday (yesterday), and so far so good. No airbag dinging or error indicator. The Service Summary says:

"Replaced Restraint Control Module.
Replaced Steering Column Control Module.
Replaced Driver Airbag."

All still under warranty (I'm at 53K but this has been going on for two years so it was all covered this week.)

I hope that was the final chapter.
REALLY PUSH THEM HARD ON THIS TOPIC. Mine made (and no exaggeration) twelve visits in total for SRS errors. They replaced every airbag and control module etc. I escalated hard and high within Tesla Canada (Store Manager helped as well) until an order came down not to return the car until they found the issue. Well, they found the issue. There was a crimp/break in one of the body harnesses and they replaced it and knock on wood, well over a year now without a fault. One small 'I don't give a SHT' point of quality during the harness manufacturing or installation (could have been crimped being the in wrong place when they installed other equipment' probably cost Tesla well over $ 25,000 in needless part replacement and customer frustration. The SC was excellent to deal with and looked after me before, during and after so I have nothing bad to say about the effort that went into resolving this. Moral of the story....if you are having multiple replacements happening (and I spreadsheeted so I was tracking) then you should really escalate to have the wiring harnesses exposed and inspected. Seriously....

At the time it was brutal. A couple of times I did not even make it home from the SC before the error popped up. Unfortunately there are no lemon laws in Canada otherwise it would have been a valid case. I did get to drive some nice Model X units for some days with free supercharging. If it recurs, go hard as it is deeper than installed equipment IE bags and controllers

Well, mine came back a week after it was "fixed". This time I escalated, asked to speak with the service manager at Peabody, MA. I spent about 15 minutes with him, and I did feel he listened well and understood my issues... one of them being that I'm autistic and when the beeps start coming incessantly and randomly, the experience is pretty miserable for me. We talked about the history of the issue and he thinks everything has been replaced except where some sensor connects to something, and he thinks that's what they'll try next time. I'm scheduled to have Nameless back in to Service early next month. For the time being, the 3 beeps happen once when I wake up the car and not constantly...but as I've learned, that can change at any moment and then not change back for days. With any luck it'll stay the way it is until the next (5th? 6th? I've lost count) attempt to fix it...

Just got Nameless back after spending a week in Service, to address the SRS warning issue above. This makes the 5th or 6th (I've lost count) number of separate service visits to deal with this one issue. Once again, it looks fixed now, but of course one never knows.

Here's the info I was able to cajole the service rep into reading me from the internal notes he wouldn't let me actually look at:

Two wires were "rubbing against the body" (I interpret that as shorting out, but not sure) .
A white wire came from the driver knee airbag circuit.
A purple wire came from the yoke airbag (the one they, apprently unnecessarily, replaced earlier in this 1.5-year saga).
So this resulted in a wiring harness being replaced. I think.

And that's all I've got. Maybe this can help anyone else getting the SRS warnings. At least for the past month, mercifully, I only got the 3 beeps once as the car was waking up, and never again until the next wake-up. As opposed to the constant beeping on my cross-country road trip last year. Sigh.