Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having trouble with the financing dept?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to my local dealership last Friday expecting to trade in my Outback and leave in a new Model Y. Had some issues with my credit so Saturday I got a cosigner and went back and waited all day for the Finance dept to give a decision. They were closed Sunday. So today I talked to the bank and they sent the info back to underwriting around 2:30 pm and then I waited again until closing with no response. Is anyone else having issues? This is just ridiculous. I've never had to wait for 3 whole days to even find out if I'm approved for financing before. The car is sitting on the lot as well, making the wait even worse.

Weird, did you get loan approved and accepted it?
Did you use self arrangement or Tesla arrangement?

Using Tesla's financing. I'm waiting for them to tell me I'm approved. The original denial was within the hour. And now it's been days for them to get back.

Everything is done online, why are you waiting at the "dealership"?

It took me 2 days for approval. Mainly because I needed to uploaded additional docs. I'm just waiting for delivery date now.

They had what I wanted on the lot. That's why I say I expected to walk in and out with it last Friday. I'm basically doing it online on their computers anyway, just they are assisting with the process.

So, you are buying from existing inventory by walk in also like buying ICE vehicles. I don't see any ridiculousness here.
You had issue with your credit. Then you have cosigner but they might also have issue with their's.
That's why banks take time to get you approved if they are feeling good about your ability to make payments

The problem is there is no communication. They are finding issues that need answers but not following up. The local "salesmen" have been emailing the Finance office in CA over and over with no response. They have showed me their email threads. I've emailed myself with no response. I called Tesla last night and they finally put me to someone who could help and they figured out what the hold up was, which they knew the day prior but never informed us. It's just frustrating the lack of communication from them. The local people have been great though. I am now working with my credit union as well.