Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else ordered the SR before May 1st for 47600?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it is too bad they have this in their order agreement: "We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Payment if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order"

So they pretty much have this case completely covered as far as things go legally.

That's good information. Thanks for sharing. Regardless I think even if it doesn't have legal grounds, the media if they knew about this would have fun with this entire mess.

it makes very compelling to upgrade to SR+ with incentive as it is only ~2K more (and u get 10% more range, AP, faster acceleration, heated front seats) than u agreed to pay for SR w/o incentive! See attached for SR, SR- and SR+ price and feature comparison. Trust me in winter u will want more range and especially heated seats so u use less energy warming up car and in turn increase range. Acc # is for 0-60mph.

upload_2019-5-4_1-10-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-4_1-10-42.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-4_1-10-42.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 32
it makes very compelling to upgrade to SR+ with incentive as it is only ~2K more (and u get 10% more range, AP, faster acceleration, heated front seats) than u agreed to pay for SR w/o incentive! See attached for SR, SR- and SR+ price and feature comparison. Trust me in winter u will want more range and especially heated seats so u use less energy warming up car and in turn increase range. Acc # is for 0-60mph.

View attachment 403869

Bang on..... If you were offered this upgrade for 2k more when you ordered you would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. We were all hoping Tesla would find a way to get in the rebate program and they have. We should recognize the strategy here and there should be zero orders for the 150km SR.

Bang on..... If you were offered this upgrade for 2k more when you ordered you would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. We were all hoping Tesla would find a way to get in the rebate program and they have. We should recognize the strategy here and there should be zero orders for the 150km SR.

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1000000. Thank you again Tesla for making the right things. I appreciate it.

No one is arguing the value proposition is there. But the whole point is the experience of buying a car as well, budget, etc. You have to look at it as a purchasing something of significant value and how it was dealt with.

For example, how would you feel. You walk into an Louis Vuitton store that just opened in your country. You waited in line for a few hours and saw this one limited edition purse for say 6000. The sales person at that time said hey, if you want it, put down 1k deposit and it'll be yours in 2 years. You get this premium leader handle, this and that. You think 6k is a lot and I'm stretching my budget HARD but you pay it.

2 years later because of exchange it turns into 6.5k... you think damn it's okay.

Then finally when you ordered it they say sorry Bro! We discountinued it but you can buy this unusable purse for 5k or you upgrade to this purse with an extra keychain for 7k... Again highlighting the experience even though it's not a direct comparison.

It's the entire situation.

Not just the value at stake. You waited and ordered a product for so many years and to finally not able to get what you ordered. The price kept creeping higher and higher over the comfort zone.

In essence they basically strong armed you to do the upgrade. The choice isn't actually there anymore. There is no choice.

I had a budget and I preferred to stick with it. It would have been nice to simply not having to order the auto pilot valued at 3k as I had that option ordering the SR. Give me the SR+ with no autopilot then! You see it's just a money thing for Tesla.

You see it's just a money thing for Tesla.

Uhhhh.... How are any other companies different? Don't they all need to make money at Thethe end of the day, and if a product isn't profitable they act accordingly?

The purse example is a bit of a stretch because how can you honestly justify 6k, 5k, whatever for a purse? But I do get your point.... unfortunately, that's capitalism for you.

Uhhhh.... How are any other companies different? Don't they all need to make money at Thethe end of the day, and if a product isn't profitable they act accordingly?

The purse example is a bit of a stretch because how can you honestly justify 6k, 5k, whatever for a purse? But I do get your point.... unfortunately, that's capitalism for you.
It’s just a money thing??? When we go to work it’s a money thing!!! How is Tesla to blame for wanting
No one is arguing the value proposition is there. But the whole point is the experience of buying a car as well, budget, etc. You have to look at it as a purchasing something of significant value and how it was dealt with.

For example, how would you feel. You walk into an Louis Vuitton store that just opened in your country. You waited in line for a few hours and saw this one limited edition purse for say 6000. The sales person at that time said hey, if you want it, put down 1k deposit and it'll be yours in 2 years. You get this premium leader handle, this and that. You think 6k is a lot and I'm stretching my budget HARD but you pay it.

2 years later because of exchange it turns into 6.5k... you think damn it's okay.

Then finally when you ordered it they say sorry Bro! We discountinued it but you can buy this unusable purse for 5k or you upgrade to this purse with an extra keychain for 7k... Again highlighting the experience even though it's not a direct comparison.

Not just the value at stake. You waited and ordered a product for so many years and to finally not able to get what you ordered. The price kept creeping higher and higher over the comfort zone.

In essence they basically strong armed you to do the upgrade. The choice isn't actually there anymore. There is no choice.

I had a budget and I preferred to stick with it. It would have been nice to simply not having to order the auto pilot valued at 3k as I had that option ordering the SR. Give me the SR+ with no autopilot then! You see it's just a money thing for Tesla.

Uh ya it’s a money thing. You know, like when we all go to work. You must volunteer cause for you it’s not a money thing.

It’s just a money thing??? When we go to work it’s a money thing!!! How is Tesla to blame for wanting

Uh ya it’s a money thing. You know, like when we all go to work. You must volunteer cause for you it’s not a money thing.

I'm not sure if you get the whole point of this issue or if you read the thread. But Tesla promised something and made people wait and put in a deposit and later said that product doesn't exist (I hope you can't do that and get away with it for your job for the sake of your clients). They offer no choice but to pay more to get the better one. No ifs or buts. Its not my fault they couldn't deliver so why do I have to take the blunt of it? Also its the customer service they delivered and the way they presented it to buyers in this situation.

So I don't get why your arguing over words or a phrase? Whats the point? At my work (and I hope most people's work) if I could not deliver on my date and project by a certain time I can get sued and at the very least pay a heft fine. I do honest work for my customers and I get paid for what I did. So no, sorry I meant to say its a "Lying and greed thing". Does that all of a sudden make sense once this phrase has been changed?

Anyhow I rather get back to the point of this thread which was to connect with other buyers in this situation. Want to see what those buyers plan on doing! Thanks again for those buyers that have reached out. It has been helpful!

I'm not sure if you get the whole point of this issue or if you read the thread. But Tesla promised something and made people wait and put in a deposit and later said that product doesn't exist (I hope you can't do that and get away with it for your job for the sake of your clients). They offer no choice but to pay more to get the better one. No ifs or buts. Its not my fault they couldn't deliver so why do I have to take the blunt of it? Also its the customer service they delivered and the way they presented it to buyers in this situation.

So I don't get why your arguing over words or a phrase? Whats the point? At my work (and I hope most people's work) if I could not deliver on my date and project by a certain time I can get sued and at the very least pay a heft fine. I do honest work for my customers and I get paid for what I did. So no, sorry I meant to say its a "Lying and greed thing". Does that all of a sudden make sense once this phrase has been changed?

Anyhow I rather get back to the point of this thread which was to connect with other buyers in this situation. Want to see what those buyers plan on doing! Thanks again for those buyers that have reached out. It has been helpful!

Ok but the terms of purchase deposit say they can cancel or discontinue. I’m not saying it doesn’t suck. I get it. But I’d rather they make smart fiscal decisions and avail themselves of the conditions their lawyers put in the agreements rather than forever be enslaved to customer orders that may cause them financial harm to deliver on. It is a money thing. You were right the first time. When you’re on the side of making it you’re happy just as we all are. This time you’re on the short side of it. They have the legal right to do it and you agreed to it when you put your deposit down.