Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordering New Tesla CCB Pads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model S Plaid which has the standard (for then) brake setup. I saw where the newer models, starting in January 2023, now come equipped with CCB pads and red painted calipers. I went to my service center and ordered the newer CCB pads only, because I understand that the calipers are the same except for the red color. That was last September, and my delivery date keeps getting pushed up to where it is now the middle of December. That seems like an awful long time to wait for something as common as brake pads. Has anyone else ordered (and maybe received) these newer pads?

I did order the Carbotech performance pads, but had to return them.

Will those fit 2022 LR as well?

Will they likely stop better in an emergency or are they just better for hard breaking while really pushing it?
In emergency braking scenarios, the limitation tends to be tires. The pads would theoretically improve brake bite and perhaps fade resistance. But from what I hear they didn't change things that much and if it's a concern, the track package is the way to go.

Reactions: GonePlaid
I have a 2022 Model S Plaid which has the standard (for then) brake setup. I saw where the newer models, starting in January 2023, now come equipped with CCB pads and red painted calipers. I went to my service center and ordered the newer CCB pads only, because I understand that the calipers are the same except for the red color. That was last September, and my delivery date keeps getting pushed up to where it is now the middle of December. That seems like an awful long time to wait for something as common as brake pads. Has anyone else ordered (and maybe received) these newer pads?

they are not "CCB" pads. It's just an upgraded pad. I'd recommend reaching out to unplugged performance and order a set of their aftermarket pads made by PFC. I had a set of these before upgrading to a full CCB setup and those pads on OEM rotors were the biggest increase in braking performance for any car I've ever done, outside of going with the full CCB kit.

Reactions: Typhoon43

Please, can you let me know the sort of Carbotech you have tried (AX6, XP8, XP10...) and what was the problem ?. Thanks.

Are you still waiting on those tesla pads? I have a full set from a set of new red calipers I bought from Tesla I can sell you if so.

I'm running unplugged lightweight ccb's and their race pads, so I have no use for the Tesla ones.

they are not "CCB" pads. It's just an upgraded pad. I'd recommend reaching out to unplugged performance and order a set of their aftermarket pads made by PFC. I had a set of these before upgrading to a full CCB setup and those pads on OEM rotors were the biggest increase in braking performance for any car I've ever done, outside of going with the full CCB kit.
I have a hard time spending that much money on just pads. Crazy...