Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone experience any brake issues yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 250 miles into my car and had some issues with my model 3 that I needed to take in for repair. I drove a loaner Model S and noticed that the brakes were excellent and made no sound. I did notice that with my model 3, it doesn't necessarily make a grinding noise but there is some "frictional" noise that when I press on the brakes, you can hear it. I braked hard on the S to try it out and it made zero sound. Is anyone else experiencing this on their 3? Is it because the brake pads are new?

I have a rattling noise coming from my front right brake that sounds almost like there is something loose in the caliper rattling around. A mobile tech couldn't diagnose it so I have to bring it in this week so they can work on it.

I posted a video of the noise if you search for threads started by me. I believe a few other people have reported noises from the brakes when turning the wheels, etc., and it has turned out to be things like clips being loose.

I noticed this with my model 3 performance. I think it's because the regen is so good I rarely sometimes never use the brakes for days or weeks. A slight rust will build up on the rotors and the first time I do brake, it's not the best performance. One good stop and it's back to awesome.