Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Get Latest UI Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed issues with auto high beams? Before the update, they would come on at every available opportunity, even if only for a second. Took a 20 mile drive down pitch black country roads last night after updating and they never once activated.

• Informative
Reactions: bobbyjae
I don't even like that because it's not intuitive to look at the center console as you change lanes.
But… that’s the only place on a Tesla to look for anything. The alternative is just to not have it at all, so I’ll take this. Used it for the first time today and found it very handy on a car with less than stellar visibility.

That said, it’s in the wrong place. With my right hand at 2 o’clock on the wheel it basically blocks the view. It also covers up the next navigation instruction. Not sure why they’re so insistent on taking up so much screen real estate on a virtualization of what’s happening all around for me to see.

But… that’s the only place on a Tesla to look for anything. The alternative is just to not have it at all, so I’ll take this. Used it for the first time today and found it very handy on a car with less than stellar visibility.

That said, it’s in the wrong place. With my right hand at 2 o’clock on the wheel it basically blocks the view. It also covers up the next navigation instruction. Not sure why they’re so insistent on taking up so much screen real estate on a virtualization of what’s happening all around for me to see.
I just push my side mirrors out so it's always seeing the blind spot (not the car). That seems to do the trick for me.

Yea i was a bit confused not seeing it anywhere, so i double checked on my phone. Another thing, i did the new driver door only to unlock , and when my other passengers want to get in, i can't seem to unlock their doors. I had to lock all car doors from the screen by tapping the lock icon, and then unlocking again so they all open.

For the blind spot camera, i love it when turning on signal, but i already have my side view mirrors set to see my blind spot as well. (I have rear view mirror set with the side view mirrors so i have a total 180 view of my surroundings behind me). If you or someone you know uses the side view mirrors and can see your car , it's the wrong way setting them that way.

Reactions: bobbyjae
I don't find the blind spot camera that useful and it makes my wife feel car-sick!

Is there a simple method to disable that display? I can swipe the image down to kill it but that is annoying and a bit distracting, I didn't find a preference to turn that feature off.

After a few days of driving, I am starting to get used to the overall layout. The old UI was better but this isn't as terrible as it initially seemed. At least the most important functions (climate, wipers, etc.) are near the bottom corner instead of across the other side of the display.

After a few days of driving, I am starting to get used to the overall layout. The old UI was better but this isn't as terrible as it initially seemed. At least the most important functions (climate, wipers, etc.) are near the bottom corner instead of across the other side of the display.
I HATE this update. That said, I hate change and I know the software will always be evolving.

-My wipers are no longer in the bottom. Have to push the car icon then find them on the right.
-I can't find the return trip charge anywhere anymore. Can someone tell me where it has been mysteriously moved to? This is kind of a huge change and I don't see why it has been removed (or am I just that unobservant--see attached photo).
-I, too, hate the music change. It seems marginally improved to keep the most recently used sound options at the top (preferred radio stations, streaming stations or phone).
-"customizable bar" pfffft. You can place 4 icons there. I need more than that 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_9988.jpg
    IMG_9988.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 44