Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their solar roof yet or get contacted about getting there solar roof anytime soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I’ve ever heard of was that one ‘real client’ (lol) who got it in California somewhere. Seems like that was almost a demo with the length of time it took and all the engineering involved.

Still like to see detailed engineering of how it works (the install) and the detailed process step by step (like we see for the solar panels on YouTube).

People have signed up for a roof for their new construction homes, but I have no idea how long they can wait with some temporary paper/Tyvek covering in place.

I did get a call from TE about the Solar Roof as I had requested info on it fairly early after the announcement since we are building a new home here in the Bay Area. The timeframe sounded like early 2019, but that was beyond my window so declined further involvement.

thx
mike

We're doing a new build in MN that we'd planned to do Tesla Shingles on. We are at the top of the reservation list but I'm guessing it won't come in time. Our builder said they can go about 2 months with just paper on the roof before they have to roof it.