Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their solar roof yet or get contacted about getting there solar roof anytime soon?

Tanquen

Feb 17, 2016
United States
Been radio silence for ages it seems anyone hear anything about Northern California installs?

Put my down payment in the moment it was available online still haven't heard a peep.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
All I’ve ever heard of was that one ‘real client’ (lol) who got it in California somewhere. Seems like that was almost a demo with the length of time it took and all the engineering involved.

Still like to see detailed engineering of how it works (the install) and the detailed process step by step (like we see for the solar panels on YouTube).

People have signed up for a roof for their new construction homes, but I have no idea how long they can wait with some temporary paper/Tyvek covering in place.

fresnoboy

Sep 13, 2017
I did get a call from TE about the Solar Roof as I had requested info on it fairly early after the announcement since we are building a new home here in the Bay Area. The timeframe sounded like early 2019, but that was beyond my window so declined further involvement.

thx
mike

ElectricTundra

P85D AP1
Feb 5, 2015
Tundra
We're doing a new build in MN that we'd planned to do Tesla Shingles on. We are at the top of the reservation list but I'm guessing it won't come in time. Our builder said they can go about 2 months with just paper on the roof before they have to roof it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC