Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone had their steering wheel tilt adjustment break?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can adjust steering wheel position in and out, but the up or down adjustment stopped working, with the wheel stuck in the upmost position. Tried rebooting the car with no success. Have a service scheduled, but they can take me only in 10 days. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: cypho
This happens to me the when cold out, tug down on the wheel while pushing the down button

I went to the SC the first time and the tech just hit the top of the wheel to break it free and then the down button works fine

Has something to do with up most position sticking

Hope that helps

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
That is the standard answer in the Tesla service playbook - "OTA update will fix {insert your problem here}, if not next one, the one after that for sure". Then when you come back few updates later, the answer is the same. They even this line for physically discoloring (yellowing) screens.
If they ever do that to me, I will respond with: "great, let me know when you've got that update installed and I'll bring the loaner car back and pick up my car"

• Funny
Reactions: croman
If they ever do that to me, I will respond with: "great, let me know when you've got that update installed and I'll bring the loaner car back and pick up my car"
And the standard answer you'll get back is "the update is not available yet, but it's coming soon. Thanks to Tesla unique technology you can keep driving your car until the update comes and you don't even have to come to the SC to get in stalled, it will just install itself when you sleep at the convenience of your own home - no other car manufacturer offers you such luxury!".

Not to mention that loaners are a thing of the past. Even few SC's that have some, have very few of them and not even close to enough for a all the cars waiting in the parking log queue.