Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone @ Half Moon Bay, Pacific Coast Dream Machines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will anyone else from TMC be attending the Half Moon Bay Pacific Coast Dream Machines car show? (Sunday, April 27th). My significant other really wants to go, so she convinced me to take her tomorrow. Has anyone been to it before in the past? From pictures online, I can't tell if it's going to be good or a low rider tricked out car show. If you are going, taking your Tesla, and want to meet up: feel free to PM me and I'll send you my phone number!

It's probably been about 10+ years since I last went, but I think it's worthwhile. There will definitely be some low-riders on display, but it's usually a good mix of those plus classic cars, plus classic bikes, and then planes as well (I remember there being some nicely restored '60s/'70s muscle cars as well as Alfa Romeos). I think that's what makes it one of the more interesting shows to go to. You've got a mix of all types of vehicles that are there for all different purposes. Some people will use it as a place to sell their current car; others want to show off their newly acquired classics, etc.

Anyway, it's worth it to check it out at least once to see if its your kind of thing. Just be prepared for traffic, and it may be worthwhile to give 84 a shot rather than doing 92.

Thanks, ten! I appreciated the feedback that I read before the show. FWIW- I went and it turned out to be a really good experience that pretty much echoes your remarks. It was a pretty good mix, and the planes added to a pretty cool show. A lot of restored muscle cars, for sure.

That said, it was a very big show yet I brought the only Tesla! No other Model S or Roadster. Because of that, I had a constant stream of people stopping to talk to me about the car. I almost felt like a salesman for 5 hours straight. So many questions and a really positive response from everyone. A lot of people who had never gotten to see the Model S up close, only having said they see them drive past them on the highway all the time. At first I felt kind of odd having the only electric car that I could find at the show, but then felt really welcome after everyone was giving the thumbs up to it and seemed appreciative that I brought it.

I was there. The ticket seller said i should show the car. Probably would have been cheaper to exhibit the car ($40) than paying 3 admission tickets ($20/p)

Thanks, ten! I appreciated the feedback that I read before the show. FWIW- I went and it turned out to be a really good experience that pretty much echoes your remarks. It was a pretty good mix, and the planes added to a pretty cool show. A lot of restored muscle cars, for sure.

That said, it was a very big show yet I brought the only Tesla! No other Model S or Roadster. Because of that, I had a constant stream of people stopping to talk to me about the car. I almost felt like a salesman for 5 hours straight. So many questions and a really positive response from everyone. A lot of people who had never gotten to see the Model S up close, only having said they see them drive past them on the highway all the time. At first I felt kind of odd having the only electric car that I could find at the show, but then felt really welcome after everyone was giving the thumbs up to it and seemed appreciative that I brought it.