Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a window randomly roll down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had all four windows open on numerous occasions. Sometimes as I walk away and once as I sat down in the seat. Absolutely certain that I'm not pressing the top of the fob. A little unnerving to return to a parked car and seeing all your windows open. I'd love to see that feature disabled, or at least have an option to disable it!

While returning to our car after doing a quick pit stop at the pharmacy, I noticed the co pilot window was partially rolled down (about 30%) this afternoon. I blamed my wife. Now after reading all this... she might be innocent!

Last edited:
Took the car to SC for tire rotation. They cannot replicate the issue rather give me 5.8.8 firmware that may fix the bug. It is not a big deal for me. Also they know offering valet service to and from your house which is nice.
I feel like I'm crazy. Had this happen 3 times in first month of ownership. Window partially down without touching window buttons on doors.

No idea what causes it. I did hit the unlock/door open button two times on driver side, forgetting i opened it after fiddling with the stereo.

Will try and duplicate it. I know some cars will auto roll all windows down while holding door unlock.