Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have any information on why the June 3 event was pushed back? What "tweaks?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
June 10 came and went. We didn't get a lot of info about batteries, the LR, etc. - but I'm wondering what the "real" reason for the week pushback was. Waiting for paint to dry on the new track rails? Caterer on vacation? Software improvements? (that's my vote) or where there serious hardware issues that had to be dealt with? (then I would have to imagine it would take more than a week.)
I'm also wondering - was it really logistics, or a missing component, whether for the 25 delivered or something else?
I can only imagine what it was like at Tesla when Elon "had" to push things back a week. It was probably a lot worse than my wife yelling at the kids.
I read yesterday the HVAC is getting a firmware update which will make it quieter. I think on Raj's video he showed that the active noise cancelling wasn't working yet, airpods wouldn't sync, etc. - these all sound like software issues, and Tesla is known for OTA updates, so I don't think that would slow the launch (in fact, since they don't work as expected yet, it appears to be a non-factor) and then there are asterisks for the S or other models, "not at launch, via update, etc."
So, any ideas? I WAS thinking chip shortage, but I don't think that's it. for that matter, why would there be a thousand, or thousands of cars stock piling? (again, could be not ready for release for the software, or missing components).
Any ideas?

Speculation was more validation on the new ‘Palladium’ powertrain and completion of the new user interface with different screens. Cancelling the Plaid Plus, which batteries to use on launch and other factors I am sure complicated early production.