Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issues with Backup Camera going black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine seems worse on 5.15. It will black out and not recover with a switch into D then back to R or with closing and reopening. I usually just back manually without it at that point, not wanting to hold up traffic while I try a scroll wheel reset. Normally it stays black thru the whole backing procedure. Very annoying with the limited visibility out the rear window.

Up to the 2019.5.5 never had an issue, I got the 2019.8.3 update 2 weeks ago and that started to happen, I would put it in reverse the back up camera was black for 3-4 seconds before turning on. I just received the 2019.8.5 update yesterday and it looks like that has been fixed and it's not happening anymore. This update has the auto lane change without confirmation and it works beautifully! NOA is much smoother and is better than ever. Thanks Tesla!

Up to the 2019.5.5 never had an issue, I got the 2019.8.3 update 2 weeks ago and that started to happen, I would put it in reverse the back up camera was black for 3-4 seconds before turning on. I just received the 2019.8.5 update yesterday and it looks like that has been fixed and it's not happening anymore. !

Exactly same for me. Didn't have this issue except on a model S loaner. Then update to my M3 to 8.3 and it started. After update to 8.5 it stopped.

Up to the 2019.5.5 never had an issue, I got the 2019.8.3 update 2 weeks ago and that started to happen, I would put it in reverse the back up camera was black for 3-4 seconds before turning on. I just received the 2019.8.5 update yesterday and it looks like that has been fixed and it's not happening anymore. This update has the auto lane change without confirmation and it works beautifully! NOA is much smoother and is better than ever. Thanks Tesla!

Same here. No backup camera is more responsive

Yep, not a single problem until 8.3, now I can never backup without it going black. Frustrating