Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have major jitters backup camera in Model 3 on 12.1.2? (May be resolved in V10)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a HW3 Model 3 AWD a few weeks ago and I LOVE this car. Only problem I’m having is the backup camera has a major case of the framerate jitters. I don’t have the black screen issues others have reported with their backup cam, it’s just that the feed freezes and jitters and makes the cam practically unusable. If you rely on it in close quarters, you will back into something because the feed will freeze for .3 seconds, etc.

Searched the forum and didn’t see anything noted similarly, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Anyone else having the same problem?

Reactions: beachmiles
I have 2019.12.1.2 and have not seen the jitter problem, just to provide a contrary voice here. It does still have the issue sometimes where, when put in reverse, the camera view stays black for several seconds. I'm suspecting that the software has a few memory management issues.

HW3 Model 3 - cameras are a little better with V10, but still stuttery, and still not acceptable, really. I do not recommend using the camera as your sole reference point when backing up in tight quarters. The video footage can literally freeze at times for split seconds, making you think you have more room than you do.

Reactions: beachmiles
HW3 Model 3 - cameras are a little better with V10, but still stuttery, and still not acceptable, really. I do not recommend using the camera as your sole reference point when backing up in tight quarters. The video footage can literally freeze at times for split seconds, making you think you have more room than you do.

Agree, as the OP here, I can say the cameras haven’t improved much since then. Slightly better, but surprised they haven’t sorted this out yet. All the other improvements are solid tho!