Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Have partial hood and partial fender PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pricing out PPF for my MS coming soon, and find wide price difference between full front and partial front coverage. The vendor with the partial says you'll never see the line, and you get the impact areas covered. Any experience/feedback?

I went with just full front at first, but after Tesla Service had their hands all over the car and added their "cosmetic enhancements," I got the rest wrapped. I also don't trust shopping carts or anything else in the parking lots. Even if you park on the deserted far end of the lot, The Force will guide them to you.

• Funny
Reactions: Duffer and P85_DA
I'm pricing out PPF for my MS coming soon, and find wide price difference between full front and partial front coverage. The vendor with the partial says you'll never see the line, and you get the impact areas covered. Any experience/feedback?

i'm no expert, but from what I've heard the color of the film will become a little yellowish after time (and exposure to sunlight). Then you might start to see a difference between the film and the non covered parts. An even discoloration might be better in such a case.

Also, my cars were usually damaged more on the sides than the hood. But in The Netherlands here we have roads in good quality, so that might save me a few dents in the hood from loose rocks.

My Roadster and wife's S and X had partial.
My S had none.
Our new 3 has full.

Not having film at all stinks - my S hood is fairly pitted. The partial wraps really seem to do the job, I only remember one pit past the film.

The patrial wrap was pretty noticable on my wife's Sig Red S. But not usually noticed unless you were looking for it on my yellow Roadster and her silver X.

I had it on my Ford Fusion Energi. You saw the line all the time save for freshly cleaned, but honestly didn't bother me. I have full coverage on my Model S, it's worth the extra coverage... not really for rocks, but car doors, shopping carts, kids, people moving between you car and the one next to it... etc.