Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have Thinkware Pro F800 on their Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently no one has it. Anyway for those who is buying one and wants to install one, I suggest you don't as it is a pain in the butt to install it on the Model X. For one, the F800 pro has a much bigger rear coax cable than the Blackvue. Therefore it is nearly impossible to run this down the same channel as the factory wiring along with the new power cable. You can run this naked with wire clips or you can run another channel to go with the OEM one. I decided to punish myself by putting it through the factory channel, that ended up taking 1.5 hours to get the wire to the top of the windshield. As if it wasn't bad enough to spend 1.5 hours on this, prepare to spend another .5 hours on tucking the wire and another 1 hour to install the wire under the dash!

Apparently no one has it. Anyway for those who is buying one and wants to install one, I suggest you don't as it is a pain in the butt to install it on the Model X. For one, the F800 pro has a much bigger rear coax cable than the Blackvue. Therefore it is nearly impossible to run this down the same channel as the factory wiring along with the new power cable. You can run this naked with wire clips or you can run another channel to go with the OEM one. I decided to punish myself by putting it through the factory channel, that ended up taking 1.5 hours to get the wire to the top of the windshield. As if it wasn't bad enough to spend 1.5 hours on this, prepare to spend another .5 hours on tucking the wire and another 1 hour to install the wire under the dash!

I just took delivery of my Model X yesterday and I’m torn between the BlackVue DR750S-2CH and the Thinkware F800 Pro. I’m considering running the wire along side the windshield channel and not in it cuz maybe when Tesla releases their Dashcam software feature I might remove the dash cam. I do like the look of the BlackVue better but the Thinkware seems to perform better. Any pictures of your Thinkware install?

I confirmed with blackboxmycar.com that the wire is thicker and stronger on the thinkware. It might not have the space to run in the factory channel without it bulking out. I ended up eating my losses and skipped it. I was already getting frustrated due to how difficult it was. The trailer plug was also hard to get to as I did it witthout removing any plastic panels. Still, it was probably the easiest part of the install. I will post more pictures shortly

I just took delivery of my Model X yesterday and I’m torn between the BlackVue DR750S-2CH and the Thinkware F800 Pro. I’m considering running the wire along side the windshield channel and not in it cuz maybe when Tesla releases their Dashcam software feature I might remove the dash cam. I do like the look of the BlackVue better but the Thinkware seems to perform better. Any pictures of your Thinkware install?
Any news on when teslT might release the dashcam feature as a software update?
The only thing I've seen on this is Musk's tweet in mid 2017.

The factory dash cam is blurry for what we use it for, it’s like trying to watch hbo without paying for it when it was still analog

Attachments

• 0F78096F-E69F-45A8-BCAE-B3211BF0F149.jpeg
    0F78096F-E69F-45A8-BCAE-B3211BF0F149.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 89B7F285-5D9F-41B5-A735-6C9E363D5AEA.jpeg
    89B7F285-5D9F-41B5-A735-6C9E363D5AEA.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 114
  • FC787C40-F9D7-4AAB-8301-55D80D0F9FD0.jpeg
    FC787C40-F9D7-4AAB-8301-55D80D0F9FD0.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 8B3B5B42-50F7-4AA8-A1F9-80C159D139A0.jpeg
    8B3B5B42-50F7-4AA8-A1F9-80C159D139A0.jpeg