Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have pics of the Tesla SSD installed in the glovebox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have this in a Refresh MX? Looking at the port connector, looks like it was designed for a Model 3/Y. Would it still mount flush and out of the way in a refresh X? (And yes, I know I can buy a different one for cheaper, but im annoyed with my current SSD and cable constantly flopping around)

Tesla has an image on the product page which looks like a refresh Model S/X.

1706803567365.png

Does anyone have this in a Refresh MX? Looking at the port connector, looks like it was designed for a Model 3/Y. Would it still mount flush and out of the way in a refresh X? (And yes, I know I can buy a different one for cheaper, but im annoyed with my current SSD and cable constantly flopping around)
It does fit nicely into the glovebox without a cable. It's odd no one else seems to make a similar product for half the price. Tesla is really overcharging here. Even $250 would be expensive but expected for Tesla, not $350 for a 1TB drive.

But it doesn't take up a lot of room and no cable so that's the only thing it has going for it.