Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having a defected cloth mesh on soundbar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car almost a month ago and it was in service center since 10 days. From first day there was 2 defective spot on cloth mesh covering soundbar under the windshield located driver side. I told to my service center and having them to be replaced.

I just got the car being delivered where I work and they replaced the cloth mesh. Still there is a one defective spot almost on same location.

I dont know if Tesla doing smart thing to put a delicate cloth mesh over there just for looking good, they could put something like aluminum or dashed plastic. I am using heatshield to protect from sun and everytime when I put or take it out I am super careful for not to cause damage. It might also cause problems when you clean your windshield from inside.

Just be careful if you are using heatshield or cleaning your windshield.

zOjyDwZ.jpg

9szRhPX.jpg

I got a defective (cracked) plastic mesh. The crack is easily hideable by aligning both ends of the plastic, and that's how I received the delivery, and missed the defects. 2 weeks after delivery, I noticed the crack, and they refuse to cover it under warranty. They said you have to report any defects noticed within 3 days of delivery.

I was in a rush the other night and tossed my FasTrak transponder with velcro on the dash as I switched from S to 3. The velcro adhered to the mesh. I pulled it off when I got home not thinking and now I have half dozen pill points on the mesh. Bugs me to no end since it's in my line of site. Will wait for when I need to service to hopefully have replaced.

I was in a rush the other night and tossed my FasTrak transponder with velcro on the dash as I switched from S to 3. The velcro adhered to the mesh. I pulled it off when I got home not thinking and now I have half dozen pill points on the mesh. Bugs me to no end since it's in my line of site. Will wait for when I need to service to hopefully have replaced.

Same thing happened to me!