Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here lowered with H&R Springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you decide on 18 and 25 mm spacers? I'm going to try 15 and 20 mm (23 MYLR7). I tried measuring but tricky to line up exactly which part of the wheel well to measure against.
A whole bunch of internet searching, lots of DMs with other members and lots of years of fitment trials and errors in my VW and Honda days. I’m 44 lol

A whole bunch of internet searching, lots of DMs with other members and lots of years of fitment trials and errors in my VW and Honda days. I’m 44 lol
I'm hoping I don't rub on 255/45/20 tires. Someone on the previous page said 265/35/20 rubbed and mine are slightly bigger diameter. Somehow your photo it looks like the wheel gap is a bit bigger than some of the rest of us.

View attachment 1028850View attachment 1028851View attachment 1028853View attachment 1028854View attachment 1028852

Finally got off my butt and DIYed my H&R springs. Very straight forward.

22 MYLR7
Stock 20’s
Stock struts
H&R springs (part # 28605-1)
18mm front spacers
25mm rear spacers

Decided to break them in so we went for a road trip the next day from Vancouver Canada to Seattle Washington. 2 adults. 2 kids. Trunk full. Frunk full.

First impression. Rides way smoother and less choppy than the stock springs. My wife drove it on the I-5 and even agreed 👍🏽

No rubbing on highway dips. No bottoming out on transitions.

Steering comfort mode is a little tighter than before. Steering input has improved and is more responsive with less body roll.

Final thoughts to myself “why is everyone trippin and complaining about the ride quality” lol.

Eventually when the shocks wear out I’ll swap them out and upgrade later and DIY it again.
Nice write up
Ive been hesitant on the h&rs since we do the occasional roadtrip to disney n didnt want to have issues under full load on our 7 seater

Appreciate it!

Reactions: CV-MY