Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYLR 20” inductions eibach or h&r lowering springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone I could use some advice :) just picked up a MYLR with 20” Inductions, love it but I don’t love the wheel gap, so I’m looking to lower my car. Tbh my intentions are about 95% aesthetics and 5% performance lol, Please don’t suggest coilovers…I know it’s prolly the best in terms of performance but I’m not ready for all that….yet lol. I like how the Eibachs look and from what I’ve read, I wouldn’t need to do any camber adjusting. most examples I’ve seen are on MYP I’d really love to see MYLR woth inductions with the eibachs or h & r’s or any other quality brands worth looking into. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏽 HNY!

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: CV-MY
I went for Eibachs since I have to use an underground parking ramp daily therefore I didn’t want to go too low (h&r). H&R are also known for some excessive settling over time, so the car can turn out even lower after a few thousand kilometers, which can become a problem with the authorities where I’m from.

You’ll have to get an alignment with any suspension geometry changes, such as lowering springs anyways.

Edit: here’s a picture for reference. These are obviously not inductions, but they are 20 inch aswell.
IMG_4925.jpeg

I went for Eibachs since I have to use an underground parking ramp daily therefore I didn’t want to go too low (h&r). H&R are also known for some excessive settling over time, so the car can turn out even lower after a few thousand kilometers, which can become a problem with the authorities where I’m from.

You’ll have to get an alignment with any suspension geometry changes, such as lowering springs anyways.

Edit: here’s a picture for reference. These are obviously not inductions, but they are 20 inch aswell.View attachment 1005744
Thank you so much for your insight 🙏🏽 car looks AMAZING

Reactions: KMC_307
More info on H&R vs Eibach on this page and mine is linked a few posts down. Eibach has more gap in the front and H&R is even. By the spec they are similar in the rear, which is where the camber issues are. It will come out to about 2 degrees camber which is borderline to wanting adjustable camber arms.

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and live in Europe.

In our country, few Model Ys are lowered and it is therefore very difficult to find testimonials.

I have a Model Y LR that I found to be way too high. So I ordered and had H&R springs installed.
The result is rather nice but unfortunately the comfort is unbearable. The car is bouncy and the slightest irregularity in the road is felt in the car.

I would like to know what user reviews of H&R springs are? And if the Eibach kit is more comfortable...

I saw that Unplugged Performance offered springs called “moderate” which prioritize comfort. The problem is that there is no reseller of these springs in Europe.

In short, I'm a little lost and would need your advice to finally find a (more) comfortable car.

2024-01-24 14.17.43.jpg

2024-01-28 10.36.04.jpg

I’ve driven both H&R and Eibach and found that’s there’s no huge difference in suspension feel that’s notabale to the average Joe Tesla owner. The Eibachs are the slightly more comfortable option of the two though.

If you want to go for more comfort you should switch dampers too, for example Tein or Koni are available across Europe and work with lowering springs.

The more expensive option is a KW v3 coilover setup. This will affect your suspension feel immensely. There is a version called „Leveling“ which gives the car more comfort without much lowering (max 20mm). The normal version is still very stiff and sporty.

I put the H&R springs paired with a set of Tein enduro pro plus adjustable shocks and they ride great. The eibachs have more of a level stance when the car is unloaded but looks like there's a bit of reverse rake because of the wheel arch differences and when you load it up I feel like it gets more pronounced. So I went with the H&Rs and couldn't be happier. Slight positive rake and good amount of lowering Also, my alignment went great with almost identical values at each corner and the measured heights from ground to fender went from 779mm fronts and 791mm LR and 792mm RR to 736mm fronts and 748mm LR and 749 RR after the spring install. There was no measurable height difference as I went for a follow alignment after about 6000 miles and the alignment values had not changed.

MY2.jpg

Hey everyone I could use some advice :) just picked up a MYLR with 20” Inductions, love it but I don’t love the wheel gap, so I’m looking to lower my car. Tbh my intentions are about 95% aesthetics and 5% performance lol, Please don’t suggest coilovers…I know it’s prolly the best in terms of performance but I’m not ready for all that….yet lol. I like how the Eibachs look and from what I’ve read, I wouldn’t need to do any camber adjusting. most examples I’ve seen are on MYP I’d really love to see MYLR woth inductions with the eibachs or h & r’s or any other quality brands worth looking into. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏽 HNY!
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0978.jpeg