Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Canada on AP1/MCU1 get 2020.4.1 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I am checking every minute or so. Seems like others with same setup have been getting it for a couple days now.

I have been on 2019.40.2.3 for what seems to be 6 years (joking) while everyone else keeps opening their new toys every couple of weeks.. haha

Btw: 2015 P85D

stuck at 2019.40.2.1 for months
just now, it is downloading 2020.4.1

4228D2D6-2C1B-42E3-80B2-CD746126D094.jpeg

Reactions: JamstationP85D
Yeah got it yesterday - the TPMS reset button is back, voice commands are there, replying to texts, backgammon but the Tesla factory personnel Easter Egg has gone

I hope they fixed some bugs in the background too - above 80% charge, something that sounds like the battery heater or coolant pump runs a long time after parking up on my car. If that’s quiet now I’ll be happier - but if the slow supercharging is also fixed I’ll be over the moon!

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I received 2020.40.1 on my AP1/MCU1 Model S 70D yesterday (1/28)

was on 2019.40.2.3 prior, so yesterday's update is first for me to see the new voice commands, read/reply to text messages etc

Interestingly enough, this was the first update I can recall for many, many months (maybe since v8?) that the release notes weren't blank when initially getting in the car after the update. I wonder if one of the minor bug fixes finally fixes the browser that always dies after a day or two? (based on past experience, probably just coincidental...)

release note pics:
IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4943.JPG

p.s. the new "Additional Vehicle Information" button on the softare page shows the following info for my car:

IMG_4944.JPG

Reactions: mahagala
I am torn/crying.. I need to drive around tonight (kid drop-offs/pickups) and the update takes too long so I cant even install it until bedtime! And I am not driving to work tomorrow due to excessive hangover planning (gotrain to downtown TO for work tomorrow). blahhhh

Strange Brew:

- got notification that update is ready to download, Turn WiFi on.
- turned WiFi on and download commenced, stalled just before finishing.
- App said: Downloading 2020.4.1 ( 100% )
- Then got notification on phone "Update available" but not the usual Install now prompt in the App.
- went outside to car and there was a rectangular box that said "update ready to be installed, press on clock in status bar". But there was no clock or the usual schedule time message or start update now.
- rebooted the screen and no message or clock and it shows under software 2019.40.2.3 and "you are up to date"
- App shows same software level.