Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Canada on AP1/MCU1 get 2020.4.1 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange Brew:

- got notification that update is ready to download, Turn WiFi on.
- turned WiFi on and download commenced, stalled just before finishing.
- App said: Downloading 2020.4.1 ( 100% )
- Then got notification on phone "Update available" but not the usual Install now prompt in the App.
- went outside to car and there was a rectangular box that said "update ready to be installed, press on clock in status bar". But there was no clock or the usual schedule time message or start update now.
- rebooted the screen and no message or clock and it shows under software 2019.40.2.3 and "you are up to date"
- App shows same software level.

This happened to me once. In that instance they pulled back the release because of a major bug found.

Running on my AP1 2015 S. The voice commands feels much more responsive (a lot of times in older releases I had to wait a good amount of time for it to first activate and then try a second time for it to work). This time around it responded quickly and first shot. Only tried a couple of things, haven't tried text message stuff yet. Anyone else on AP1 have that working? I'm so incredibly happy that we're still seeing useful updates for our aging Teslas ...

Reactions: mrElbe
Running on my AP1 2015 S. The voice commands feels much more responsive (a lot of times in older releases I had to wait a good amount of time for it to first activate and then try a second time for it to work). This time around it responded quickly and first shot. Only tried a couple of things, haven't tried text message stuff yet. Anyone else on AP1 have that working? I'm so incredibly happy that we're still seeing useful updates for our aging Teslas ...
I have the SMS text read and response working great on my car!

I also noticed a very important/big deal change - I set up scheduled departure this morning to leave home at 6:30 but I actually planned to leave at 6 and I had 100% regen!! Yaay!! Ambient temperature was 0 Celsius and my garage was about 8 Celsius.

Reactions: JamstationP85D
This was the upgrade that took out the memory chip a week ago, thankfully a new MCU was done quickly, love my SC champions at Mississauga. The reason I knew it was broken was my navigation didn’t work, I don’t use EAP or most of the functions in my car so it took me a while to work out something was wrong. Apart from having to reprogram everything, I don’t notice any difference

Reactions: JamstationP85D
This was the upgrade that took out the memory chip a week ago, thankfully a new MCU was done quickly, love my SC champions at Mississauga. The reason I knew it was broken was my navigation didn’t work, I don’t use EAP or most of the functions in my car so it took me a while to work out something was wrong. Apart from having to reprogram everything, I don’t notice any difference
Glad to know your car us fully functional now! What year and mileage is your car? And just to make sure, you're referring to the eMMC chip correct?