Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in SoCal have the NVX sub installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Mediocrates,,

What's your impression of the system?

Just as preface, I have stock audio. I did not get the UHFS upgrade (or whatever it is called now). The stock is decent from mid-range and up, but it's fairly flat in the bass and mid-bass ranges. For the few weeks I've had my vehicle, I've been listening to a variety of music (rock and rap) with the EQ at a flat setting (0 for all values). While driving, I would usually listen in the 4-5 volume range.

With the NVX setup and the aforementioned EQ and volume levels, the output from the sub was surprisingly little. I tend to like more bass in my music (particularly when listening to rap), but to achieve that I had to change my EQ levels to drop all but the leftmost ("bass") level and increase the "bass" level a bit. I now listen to music around the 6 volume level with my EQ at +1.5, -3.0, -4.5, -3.0, -2.0. For non-rap music, this is usually decent on the low end...sometimes a bit much, in which cases I will adjust the "bass knob" from full to about half. For rap music, it's still not that strong. If I really want to coax the full thump out of it, I drop all but the first EQ setting to the very bottom and run volume at 10-11. At that point, the overall volume is higher than I'd like, but the bass is mighty. I suspect my installers may have done a more conservative configuration on the amp.

I'm somewhat comparing this to a setup I had several years ago, which was 2 Kenwood 12" subs and a Kicker 750 watt (RMS) amp.

I'm curios to see what your installer(s) set your amp gains to, could all that have the system installed get a shot of your amp:

My installers didn't place the amp with the connectors/dials facing inward, so I can't see them. That part of the amp is towards the rear of the vehicle, so I can't help you there.

Lol came across ur post!

Ordered the NVX kit coming Monday. Got a hold of installer in Buena Park with pretty good Yelp rating to do the install once I get it. Can wait to try it out

Curious if anyone try to replace the speaker in the NVX casing with something else and how did that worked out?