Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know how to remove lug nut covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just use a sprayer to squirt the soap and water around the cover.

If you can pull out the back, then just wiggle it back-and-forth; you wouldn't really need the soap and water in that case.
ok, will get one of those for a years time and 4 replacement covers! I found I a few of the covers I could pull back , but it was stuck on the nut, so tore ...

Any more tips welcome - a tool is needed to save the fingers even in gloves.
Although I have the old type covers on mine I had a thought. Of course you need to get the covers off first but can you cut this slot further to the face so ordinary removal tool can be used? See photos, that tool is commonly known.

162B0A28-C16A-4384-B6C7-1FA7746E22CD.jpeg
2D8A91B5-E89C-4547-8513-AA9A0755B233.jpeg

As I said I do not have these kind of wheels, I can’t help with any kind of presentation. But yes, to get that tool in to the cover I would extend the groove. On a second thought, why not to drill suitable hole (depending on the tool - maybe 3mm or 4mm) and get the “second hand effect” for getting it off?
If you google “wheel cap removal tool” it will give several options how other manufacturers have solved this situation.

Remember, it is a BEAR getting them off the first time - I didn't think it was possible to get them off without breaking. But, it'll be so much easier subsequent times - I've never had any issues afterwards and they've never 'slipped off' accidentally while driving.

Joe

So, I was thinking the same thing when I first tried to remove my lugs covers on my new 2020 Raven Model S. I was so worried about breaking them that I bought an entire new set (for all 4 wheels) to have on standby for replacement. Soap and water did help me remove them and trust me, it's a LOT easier the next time around.

Incidentally, I still have ALL of the extra covers I bought even though I've been rotating my wheels for years now. ;-)

Joe
Hey Joe,

Can you share a link to where you purchased additional sets?

🙏
Mons