Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know the LOCATION of the Parking Sensor ECU??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that some 2013 cars were both pre-wired for parking sensors and have the ECU installed. Just not the actual sensors. I'm looking into this to see if I can do as some others have, to add these on. FIRST need to see if the ECU is present. I found another thread where a member got the part numbers for the system and will order and install. I was a mechanic in a past life... Won't be super-difficult. Trick first will be to see if the ECU exists on the car.

Anyone know the parking sensor ECU location? Part number and part name officially, are:

1014386-00-AECU, PARK ASSIST

Left hand (drivers) rear wheel well. Remove the rear interior trunk liner and it's attached with a few bolts above the rear wheel area of the trunk. It's attached to the longest black plug harness on the plugs there. If you don't see the silver ECU plugged in then you don't have it installed. If you need anything else PM me.

I understand that some 2013 cars were both pre-wired for parking sensors and have the ECU installed. Just not the actual sensors. I'm looking into this to see if I can do as some others have, to add these on. FIRST need to see if the ECU is present. I found another thread where a member got the part numbers for the system and will order and install. I was a mechanic in a past life... Won't be super-difficult. Trick first will be to see if the ECU exists on the car.

Anyone know the parking sensor ECU location? Part number and part name officially, are:

The ECU will not be present. You will find several connectors that will plug into the ECU, if your car is prewired. There is a thresd listing part numbers of what is needed. Good luck

As a note, some service centers will sell you the sensors, front and rear wire harness, and sensor mounts and ECU, some may not. Have to find one that will sell the parts only.. And you have to find a service center that is willing to program it for you to enable it.

Left hand (drivers) rear wheel well. Remove the rear interior trunk liner and it's attached with a few bolts above the rear wheel area of the trunk. It's attached to the longest black plug harness on the plugs there. If you don't see the silver ECU plugged in then you don't have it installed. If you need anything else PM me.
What color is the park assist module, I found a bright orange unit in the drivers side rear wheel well

You’re not gonna have it in the car if you don’t have the parking sensors. IIRC the parking sensor module “sits” on top of the module you located. That is, the two modules use the same mounting bracket. My car was upgraded and I had to install the module. But I did it many years ago. I then got Tesla to update the configuration (I think they charged $75 to do that). But my understanding is they will no longer do that, so you have to find a hacker who can do it for you or learn how to do it yourself.

You’re not gonna have it in the car if you don’t have the parking sensors. IIRC the parking sensor module “sits” on top of the module you located. That is, the two modules use the same mounting bracket. My car was upgraded and I had to install the module. But I did it many years ago. I then got Tesla to update the configuration (I think they charged $75 to do that). But my understanding is they will no longer do that, so you have to find a hacker who can do it for you or learn how to do it yourself.
Thanks