TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone know the LOCATION of the Parking Sensor ECU??

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by stevepeck1, Mar 2, 2016.

1. stevepeck1

stevepeck1 Member

I understand that some 2013 cars were both pre-wired for parking sensors and have the ECU installed. Just not the actual sensors. I'm looking into this to see if I can do as some others have, to add these on. FIRST need to see if the ECU is present. I found another thread where a member got the part numbers for the system and will order and install. I was a mechanic in a past life... Won't be super-difficult. Trick first will be to see if the ECU exists on the car.

Anyone know the parking sensor ECU location? Part number and part name officially, are:

1014386-00-AECU, PARK ASSIST

2. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Left hand (drivers) rear wheel well. Remove the rear interior trunk liner and it's attached with a few bolts above the rear wheel area of the trunk. It's attached to the longest black plug harness on the plugs there. If you don't see the silver ECU plugged in then you don't have it installed. If you need anything else PM me.

3. SUPRKAR

SUPRKAR Member

4. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

As a note, some service centers will sell you the sensors, front and rear wire harness, and sensor mounts and ECU, some may not. Have to find one that will sell the parts only.. And you have to find a service center that is willing to program it for you to enable it.