Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone like the New Model 3 smell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally, I don't like the new car smell as I get vertigo. I didn't like the new car smell in Model S and Model X. I always rolled down the windows for couple months so that the smell goes away. Model X smell went away after like 6 months or so.

But for some weird reason, Model 3 smell is more pleasant and I am not feeling dizzy. In fact I like it and I am not opening window to keep it last long. This is weird because the ride is smoother with Model S(good handling) and X (Smart Air Suspension). My Model 3 handling and ride feel stiffer but opposite result is perceived.

Maybe because it is the psychological effect? or maybe Tesla added different smell?

Well, at least I seem to be cured from new car smell. Thank you, Model 3!

Normally, I don't like the new car smell as I get vertigo. I didn't like the new car smell in Model S and Model X. I always rolled down the windows for couple months so that the smell goes away. Model X smell went away after like 6 months or so.

But for some weird reason, Model 3 smell is more pleasant and I am not feeling dizzy. In fact I like it and I am not opening window to keep it last long. This is weird because the ride is smoother with Model S(good handling) and X (Smart Air Suspension). My Model 3 handling and ride feel stiffer but opposite result is perceived.

Maybe because it is the psychological effect? or maybe Tesla added different smell?

Well, at least I seem to be cured from new car smell. Thank you, Model 3!

I love the smell so much, I would snort lines of it if I could hang around the detail center.

Surprised they don't just package this *sugar* up and make a cologne out of it. "Elon's Musk". This would drive me crazy.

I love the smell so much, I would snort lines of it if I could hang around the detail center.

Surprised they don't just package this *sugar* up and make a cologne out of it. "Elon's Musk". This would drive me crazy.

If it is marketable, I will pre-order it LOL

Gosh, what's up with Tesla with cash problems? If they come up with "Elon Musk" sub-brand with perfume, bags, shirts, we diehard Tesla fans will pay for the premiums tags!

MXWing, maybe you should work for Tesla and save the company ;)

If it is marketable, I will pre-order it LOL

Gosh, what's up with Tesla with cash problems? If they come up with "Elon Musk" sub-brand with perfume, bags, shirts, we diehard Tesla fans will pay for the premiums tags!

MXWing, maybe you should work for Tesla and save the company ;)

I could be a cockroach and I would buy Elon Musk branded RAID spray if it was for sale.

There's a lot of smart people here, yourself included that could save Tesla. No idea on why they can't get certain things together.

I've sadly found its easier to make your cheddar somewhere else.. buy a Tesla rather than than work for Tesla. :(

Adding in some TSLA at 262.30 in the after hours trading. Let's see if my love for the brand is going to kill me...

Guess free super charging lets me live out of the Model X and 3 if house gets foreclosed on.

Last edited:
AP Newswire - The Tesla Model 3 has given way to a new kind of criminal, dubbed by some as the “whiffler.” Authorities say whifflers have been caught nationwide breaking into Tesla Model 3s in order to “catch of whiff” of what one whiffler describes as “Elon’s Musk.” We can only speculate where things will go for Tesla from here...

I definitely prefer the smell over what my Model S smelled like after I left a Starbucks half empty container in my car for months.

I had it in the center console, and I had it closed for some reason so I never saw it.

Then one day I suddenly started smelling something, and I hunted all over trying to figure out where it was coming from. I figured the smell would die down after throwing the container away, but it still lingered.

It took a bunch of different products to get the smell out.

It was really kinda sad because even after 3 years the car still smelled like a new car (just not as powerful) until that incident with the Starbucks.