Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone lowered their sr+ and what springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to lower my sr+ w just springs, just need some ideas what looks good... tia

I would wait a bit because UP just emailed me to inform me about their new developments on SR+ springs:

"Thank you for your inquiry on our products. My name is David and I'd be happy to assist!

We are actually working on a new spring to work with the standard range Model 3. Since the weight of the standard range is a couple hundred pounds lighter, it translates to a higher vehicle height. From what we have seen, the height is also different front to rear most likely due to the weight being lighter in the front compared to the rear.

I would recommend waiting if you plan on using our springs for your car! We should have some more of these springs in the next 8 weeks.

Best regards,

David Chi"

Reactions: Mr X and M3forME#23
I would wait a bit because UP just emailed me to inform me about their new developments on SR+ springs:

"Thank you for your inquiry on our products. My name is David and I'd be happy to assist!

We are actually working on a new spring to work with the standard range Model 3. Since the weight of the standard range is a couple hundred pounds lighter, it translates to a higher vehicle height. From what we have seen, the height is also different front to rear most likely due to the weight being lighter in the front compared to the rear.

I would recommend waiting if you plan on using our springs for your car! We should have some more of these springs in the next 8 weeks.

Best regards,

David Chi"

thnxs for the info....

thnxs for the info....

So after talking to David, I'll wait to see what they have to offer in a few weeks before deciding. And trust me, I need to lower mine ASAP! I have a 4 finger gap right now!!!

IMG_1145.jpg

Best regards,

David Chi"
Thanks for this! Good to know they are working on an SR specific spring.

Hi, awesome looking car. I'm considering the same wheel offset but stays at 18" with maybe 235/45r18 and 265/40r18.
How do you like those Conti tires? I see you increase tire width a notch. How much off is speedo reading with those setup?

Thanks,
-Hank

Thanks for the compliments. I think 235 fronts is totally fine and probably looks better. I wanted to go with a meatier look. As for the odometer readings, I haven’t paid too much attention to it. It’s gonna be off a little for sure but nothing that noticed to be unusual.

As for the Continental DWS06’s, I’ve run those on my last two cars and multiple sets. For where I live (Vancouver BC), they are perfect for the weather. I run this set up for 9 months of the year and then back to Aeros with winter tires for 3 months.