Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone receive a car with textile interior yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Desdi,

I've had about 24 hours with the "old style" textile seats -I reserved in 11/2012, so no seat heaters. I'm happy with the appearance, feel, and comfort of the seats so far. The car interior is nice. I'm not, before yesterday, a luxury car kind of guy, so the interior is fine for me, but probably doesn't meet the standards of some who have had luxury cares in the past. After I finalized I did have regrets and tried to switch to the leather, but this was for the heated seats and lumbar supports, and not for a more plush interior. Of course, that's not an issue now for new reservations with textile seats.

Desdi,

I've had about 24 hours with the "old style" textile seats -I reserved in 11/2012, so no seat heaters. I'm happy with the appearance, feel, and comfort of the seats so far. The car interior is nice. I'm not, before yesterday, a luxury car kind of guy, so the interior is fine for me, but probably doesn't meet the standards of some who have had luxury cares in the past. After I finalized I did have regrets and tried to switch to the leather, but this was for the heated seats and lumbar supports, and not for a more plush interior. Of course, that's not an issue now for new reservations with textile seats.

Ok thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. I'm on the fence what I should choose when the time comes. The wife doesn't like leather so perhaps the choice have already been made...
But if you feel like snapping a few shots of the seats in front and back and posting them, I wouldn't mind ;)

Desdi - Here ya go. The color is a little darker than what comes through in the photos. The close up is to try to show the texture of the center portion of the seats. It doesn't really have a cloth feel to it. The smooth outer portion of the seats is "pleather" like. Similar to the Softex on my Prius seats.

Attachments

• DSC_0800.jpg
    DSC_0800.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 4,258
  • DSC_0801.jpg
    DSC_0801.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,203
  • DSC_0802.jpg
    DSC_0802.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 2,341
  • DSC_0803.jpg
    DSC_0803.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 1,571
  • DSC_0804.jpg
    DSC_0804.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,569
Ah sweet. Thanks Plug Me In! Great shots. I saw a few other pictures where the lighting made it hard to tell how the textile seats really looked. But they look exquisite. And seem pretty durable too. Time will tell of course.
But definitely the seats I would personally go for.

Cheers man
icon14.gif

The textile has heated seats???
As of January or something...

Edit:
This price increase will not apply to anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, 2012…as long as they finalize their order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe after being invited to configure their Model S.
After the price change, all vehicles will include 12-way adjustable, heated front seats as standard equipment at no charge.
2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors