Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Recently order a White on White with PUP and get a VIN already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white/ white/ pup/ fsd 1 week after MY reveal last year.
$2500 deposit.
While I'm happy for folks getting their cars seemingly after ordering only a month ago (and only a $100 deposit)..I can't help feeling sorry for myself.
I would love to understand the logic behind these deliveries.
I know it involves supply chain, option choice and location of customer (I'm in Los Angeles) but are the options I picked so unusual? My location so distant?
Anyway, congrats to all that got their MYs.
While waiting I console myself with the unsubstantiated belief that the longer I wait, the better the build quality of the vehicle I'll receive.
Apologies to the OP if my rant is misplaced but I wasn't gonna start a new thread for my sob story.

$2500 deposit.
While I'm happy for folks getting their cars seemingly after ordering only a month ago (and only a $100 deposit)..I can't help feeling sorry for myself.
I know it involves supply chain, option choice and location of customer (I'm in Los Angeles) but are the options I picked so unusual? My location so distant?
While waiting I console myself with the unsubstantiated belief that the longer I wait, the better the build quality of the vehicle I'll receive.
Apologies to the OP if my rant is misplaced but I wasn't gonna start a new thread for my sob story.
You're in California like me. They build most of our cars last because it's the least distance to transport. I'd plan on getting a vin the last couple weeks of the quarter (although definitely could happen sooner)

Reactions: CopperGreen
$2500 deposit.
I got so sick of waiting for anything to happen on my day zero reservation, I cancelled it and put in a new order for the exact same thing (minus a trade). I'm already ahead of where I was, since I got an "Order Agreement" show up on the page shortly after ordering. I never got that far on my original order - just the Lemon Law PDF.

White/White/LR/20"/No FSD

One reason I did this is because when speaking to Tesla about the day zero reservation to make sure everything was in order, they told my 8-12 weeks, which puts me well into next quarter.

I have no idea if this will speed things up or delay it all further, but I feel I gotta do something.

Reactions: CopperGreen
I am fairly certain they are just avoiding trade ins as a general rule. With being shutdown and tesla earnings being so closely criticized I suspect they are trying to maximize quarter profits by providing cars to people WITHOUT a trade in first. This way they get all the profit right away and don't have to sit on an asset that they then have to move before they see a return on it.

If that is not it then I am just baffled, I have seen my exact config go to people nearby who ordered last month or at least this year. I have a 8/29/19 order myself.

I will say even with all that aside its a bit of a slap to the face to see '4-8 weeks' for a brand new order when I haven't heard a peep from Tesla. I got one email asking me to come test drive a model 3 in Feb, then i got 1 text asking if i was going to have a trade in. That and the standard 'we are prioritizing based on who finishes the prepare for delivery steps' which seems to not have been all that true.

The optimist in me says 'good let everyone else deal with the rushed fit and finish issues'. That and maybe they will have modified or upgraded something by the time there is a car ready for me.

I am trying to decide if I should gamble and place a 2nd order to see if I get a quicker response.
Here's one in Rocklin! Not sure why it's upside down.

Attachments

• 19A4ED2B-95A5-4797-BEF0-D306EC223B42.jpeg
    19A4ED2B-95A5-4797-BEF0-D306EC223B42.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 100
$2500 deposit.

Tesla doesn't advertise so I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to spread out the deliveries so their audience is expanded.