Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone return their model y long range and get a performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My newly delivered car has several body issues and when I contacted tesla to get them repaired the soonest available appointment is over 2 weeks out. If I'm not happy with the repair I'll be beyond my 7 days and stuck with the car. I will see if tesla can exchange, but my understanding is that since I took delivery I won't be able to return and order the same trim again. Additionally, I plan on owning this car for the next 5+ years and that got me thinking if it's worth paying an extra $150/mo for that power?

All I will say is don’t count on them to fix delivery issues and they absolutely will not allow you to return/swap after the 7 day period.

Is the “P” worth an extra $10K? You should decide that on your own.

My newly delivered car has several body issues and when I contacted tesla to get them repaired the soonest available appointment is over 2 weeks out. If I'm not happy with the repair I'll be beyond my 7 days and stuck with the car. I will see if tesla can exchange, but my understanding is that since I took delivery I won't be able to return and order the same trim again. Additionally, I plan on owning this car for the next 5+ years and that got me thinking if it's worth paying an extra $150/mo for that power?
Depending on the options,P may not be $10k more. If you got induction, P is only $8k more from there. I’m thinking about doing that Route if my car needs service appt to fix any body/paint work.

All I will say is don’t count on them to fix delivery issues and they absolutely will not allow you to return/swap after the 7 day period.

Is the “P” worth an extra $10K? You should decide that on your own.
Honestly, I would spend that $10K on something else (may be FSD). I am fascinated about the extra power (3.6 sec) but IMO to trade it with that extra second (4.6 sec) + extra miles + FSD (especially when considering to hold on to the car for 5+ years).