Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone seen combo of chrome delete on metallic green p85+ with grey 21in wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen a dark green P85+ with chrome delete? I have the 21 dark grey wheels and i THINK chrome delete would look great, but I never seen the combo before, and have a tough time visualizing.

I saw a dark blue p85d with chrome delete yesterday. It looked beautiful and it got me thinking.

My wife, however, thinks it would look ridiculous!

So wondering if anyone who has seen the metallic green with 21 inch gray wheels and chrome delete combo has an opinion?

I chrome deleted my metallic gray and it looks so much better. IMO the Model S's biggest design flaw is the excessive chrome.
IMG_0854.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0855_no plate.jpg

Very nice, cbin97. I'm definitely planning a chrome delete when I finally get my Tesla. Too bad Tesla doesn't offer the chrome accents (or lack thereof) as an option. I bet many would choose to order it that way from the factory.

I painted the frame black and put it back, just don't have it in this original pics. I Want to delete the Tesla sign too in the rear, but my guy didn't have time that day. All you do is vinyl wrap the chrome, not expensive and that way if the new owner down the roads wants the chrome back he can peel it off and it will look brand new. The emblems and the letters have to be painted though.

i THINK chrome delete would look great, but I never seen the combo before, and have a tough time visualizing.

Rest assured chrome delete will look great, offer the biggest bang for the buck as far as improving the look and will get tons of compliments from people of all ages. I've never seen one that looks ridiculous -- in fact, all the factory chrome is pretty ridiculous.

I suggest doing the trim around the windows matte black and the door handles body color. Also consider de-badging to be extra stealth :cool:

I chrome deleted my metallic gray and it looks so much better. IMO the Model S's biggest design flaw is the excess chrome?

i totally agree, I really don't care much for the chrome on the tesla, sorry for paraphrasing and stating the obvious we both agree on It makes the car look cheap. A few months ago I plasti my front nose just like you did and love the look so much, now that I see what you did with deleting all the chrome, I'm doing mine as well. I don't even need to photoshop my car, my tesla is exactly the same. Great job.

Tasteful chrome is timeless.

The subdued look is a fad. And resale if/when it happens will likely take a hit due to the personalization. But to each his own.

If you look at all High End cars and I mean 100k+ 95% of them don't have a lick of chrome. Look at the Cayenne GTS or any Porsche for that matter in the upper range. Show me a relatively new Lambo, Ferrari, Aston, Mclaren etc... with any chrome on it. You won't. Chrome is 90's. And maybe "Tasteful" chrome is "timeless" but the Model S is far from Tasteful it is very excessive. The chrome is thick and there is way too much of it. Look at the front of the new Model X just as big of a change from the nose cone disappearing is the majority of the chrome disappearing as well.

But agree with resale as you can't predict everyone's taste and that is why Plasti Dip or Vinyl is awesome because you can just peel it right off and the chrome is brand new. I live in South Orange county and in my neighborhood there are literally hundreds of Tesla's. I can't tell you how many people ask me if I have a "better model" or a "special addition." They say they can't pinpoint it but comment that mine looks so much meaner and cooler than the others they see.

Has anyone seen a dark green P85+ with chrome delete? I have the 21 dark grey wheels and i THINK chrome delete would look great, but I never seen the combo before, and have a tough time visualizing.

I saw a dark blue p85d with chrome delete yesterday. It looked beautiful and it got me thinking.

So wondering if anyone who has seen the metallic green with 21 inch gray wheels and chrome delete combo has an opinion?

Parker

I have a classic green I de-chromed, as well as a matte full wrap, and 19" matte black T-Sportline rims.

You can see plenty of pictures in my thread. The first page or so is with the original wheels, then after post #31 I have pictures with the black rims. Here is that thread.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...-black-matte-on-the-chrome-and-tinted-windows

You guys got me on the plast-dip...didn't know it was that easily peeled off.

As for Lambos/Ferrari et al not favoring chrome, I'll note they're different types of vehicles than the touring type sedan that the Model S emulates. Plus they smell a little of that weird European guy that you know that wears the t-shirt with the rolled up sleeves and skinny taper jeans that went out last year.

The Aston Martin Lagonda would be similar in style to the S, and they put the right amount of chrome on it. Rolls Royce...you guessed it, still think chrome has a place in the luxury market. Bentley does as well. Tastes are certainly subjective, but I think the S is perfect as she is.

I'd love to see a white one with chrome delete and the 19" factory rims.

Here are some pics of my white P85D with chrome delete. I deleted the chrome around the windows, nose cone, front bumper, and rear diffuser but kept the door handles and Tesla logo side markers chrome. It was done with plasti-dip so it'll be easy to remove if the next owner wants the chrome.

IMG_3810.JPG

image1.JPG

Here are some pics of my white P85D with chrome delete. I deleted the chrome around the windows, nose cone, front bumper, and rear diffuser but kept the door handles and Tesla logo side markers chrome. It was done with plasti-dip so it'll be easy to remove if the next owner wants the chrome.
Looks great!

- - - Updated - - -

Rest assured chrome delete will look great, offer the biggest bang for the buck as far as improving the look and will get tons of compliments from people of all ages. I've never seen one that looks ridiculous -- in fact, all the factory chrome is pretty ridiculous.

I suggest doing the trim around the windows matte black and the door handles body color. Also consider de-badging to be extra stealth :cool:
I think you're right. I messed around with an iPhone picture drawing app, and found charcoal (matte black) to be great for all the chrome. It really goes great with the grey wheels.

That looks great. Tell me more about how you do plasti-dip? Is this something you can do yourself?