Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone suffering from strain in their left leg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I typically have my seat adjusted so when I extend my left leg its out and fully extended, my foot is almost flat with some wiggle room against the firewall.... no pressure at all, its like and laying on a bed. I'm thinking of removing the stupid mini foot rest / dead pedal that's on the left driver's side. I never use it and when I do it puts pressure in the wrong places, knee, hip, etc. when I do use it. I'd rather have more side to side leg room.

Also getting in and out, if done wrong, will put lots of stress and strain on your muscles and joints. Ensure you've perfected the entry/exit of the Roadster first, then adjust your seat/leg area.

Everybody's different, so what works for one may not work for all.

I concur. I'm not overly large or small (5'11" and slim) and the Roadster is one of the most comfortable cars I have driven ONCE YOU ARE IN IT. Getting in and out, of course, is something of and acquired skill!

I can easily see that climbing in and out regularly, especially for a larger driver, could place repeated and unusual stresses that might result in soreness in odd places.

The best defense against this issue is to be "born short" :wink:

I'm not tall (5' 7") and I still have the problem. I believe that the footrest is mounted too far from the firewall so it is not balanced with the position of the right foot. I recall asking Tesla when I first got the Roadster (almost 6 years ago) whether the footrest could be moved forward, but it is mounted with epoxy, not bolts. Old timers may recall an incident discussed on the Tesla Motors forum about the footrest breaking loose in Georg VIN 198's car. He was concerned that this could cause a dangerous situation.

I'm not tall (5' 7") and I still have the problem. I believe that the footrest is mounted too far from the firewall so it is not balanced with the position of the right foot. I recall asking Tesla when I first got the Roadster (almost 6 years ago) whether the footrest could be moved forward, but it is mounted with epoxy, not bolts. Old timers may recall an incident discussed on the Tesla Motors forum about the footrest breaking loose in Georg VIN 198's car. He was concerned that this could cause a dangerous situation.

Interesting. It is bolted with two bolts in my 2.5 and it's even with the other pedals. I've talked with a couple of 1.5 owners who asked for help with soundproofing and theirs are also bolted in just like mine. They must have changed it at some point. I can only assume it's installed by Lotus.

I crawled in to take a look today to consider the feasibility of making a wider foot rest. The lack of room between the left side and the brake pedal made me wonder if it's really a good idea. Obviously if your left foot doesn't get in the way of putting on the brakes then presumably a wider footrest wouldn't either. But I had to wonder nonetheless. Ultimately decided not to mess with it.