Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone thing the Model 3 will be in Car and Driver's 10Best Cars for 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the question will be whether Tesla provides a Model 3 for testing. The Model S was a 10Best car in 2016 but Tesla didn't provide one for the 2017 test and Car and Driver noted this as (a/the) reason for it not being on the 2017 list. I think that Car and Driver asks for the use of the car for a fairly extended period of time (not just a test drive for a few hours) and it may well be the case that Tesla doesn't hand over a Model 3. Could be because there will be production gremlins still being worked out or something else, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla waits until 2019's testing to provide the car (and with so many reservations to work through, it would also make good business sense to do this).

Unless there is something wickedly screwed up with the Model 3, it will be Car of the Year. Not just because it's most likely going to a great car, but also due to the historical context. Like sometimes the Man of the Year in Time Magazine is there because they shaped what happened that year more than anyone else.

Reactions: internalaudit