Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone traveled from Harris Ranch to Roseville Super Charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to find anyone that made it from Harris Ranch to the Roseville Super Charger, or vise versa. How many miles did you start with and how many did you end up with upon arrival?

I don't drive that direction from Harris Ranch, but I live 230 miles from Harris SC and I have always made it with 30 miles or so to spare. I drive 63 mph on cruise, which is smoother than my foot. Going in the slow lane, you drive along with the semis, and it is relaxing. Of course you know that pushing it at 75 or 80 you will run out of charge.

Going slower is still faster than going out of your way to get to the Vacaville SC.

Before you leave Harris, check your buffer. I use ideal miles (since I am getting about 300 miles per charge this way). It is about 210 miles to Roseville. If I get 260 ideal miles, then my buffer is 50. Ten miles up the road, I can look at my buffer again, and if it's dropping (like to 48 miles) then I drop my speed a notch. If your buffer is going up, then up the speed. Easy to arrive with exactly what you plan (I like to arrive with about 30 miles, so that's what I do).

Elevation doesn't change much to Roseville. But the little it may rise is why you have a buffer! It's easy, though. I would have no qualms doing 65 maybe, but I would drive it slower until I figure out what it takes for my car.

Also, you don't want to use heat at all, but these days that's not a problem. Light AC doesn't use much.\\

I see tbleakne beat me to this! But, yeah, I agree, you can make it.

207 level miles with 85 kWh battery should be easy. Just drive 62-65 mph and you will get there in less time than driving faster and stopping at Vacaville. At least 25 miles margin unless major headwind.

I made an attempt to do Harris to Folsom which is 195 miles. I did a long, 98% charge while having a nice breakfast in the restaurant. When I came out, the wind was howling in my face, a 25-40 mph disadvantage. I decided to just get in the right hand lane on I-5 with the trucks and set the speed control at 59. The numbers were not looking good and it did not look like I would make it, when a Walmart semi came around me going a couple of miles per hour faster. I decided to draft him, and then a few more trucks the rest of the way there. I arrived with 50 rated miles left.

Roseville is 13 miles further. You should be able to do it without drafting if you go in the slow right-hand truck lane. If the headwinds hit, be careful. If you want to try drafting, be very careful, pay intense attention, and don't make any cell phone calls. Drafting can be very risky!

I did the Harris Ranch to Folsom with a brief stop/drop off in Rancho Cordova on June 14th. It was tight. I did 68-70 MPH, and did very conservative passing, (AC on) and with the last 40-60 Miles, I switch into range mode. 2 adults, 2 children with luggage.

I max range charged my P85+ to ~ 267 miles, and got to Folsom with 14 miles left.

With Manteca being permitted, this shouldn't be an issue in the near the future.

Shameless plug - Hotel Med Park is right across the street from
Shriners Hospitals for Children - Northern California - parking garage - and they validate (their parking was full, but I'd call ahead to confirm they still do this). There are a TON of L2 chargers in this parking garage, free. They fill up quick in the mornings, however at night the place is empty. Despite the 4 hour limit, I parked there and fully charged for 12 hours (overnight) without issue.

Hotel Med Park, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - Hotels.com - Hotel rooms with reviews. Discounts and Deals on 85,000 hotels worldwide