Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried Nansure Read Splash Guards? (Looks like OEM Front Mud Flaps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How flexible are the Basenor flaps? I see the picture of them flexing one of the flaps on Amazon, but I'd rather hear from someone who actually has them installed. I currently have the OEM Tesla fronts and the Nansure rears on order.
Not that flexible at all. After a week of them scraping speedbumps and steep driveways I threw them in the trash. Upgraded to Rally Armor and haven't looked back.

I have the Nansure rears with OEM fronts. I like them because they match the style of the OEM and they don't have that scooped out section which can collect snow/debris. I do wish that they were a little bit longer but to be honest, rear guards primary function is to keep from spraying the car behind you so it's less of a concern for me. The biggest factor on the rears was mostly just cosmetics and matching my fronts. The Basenor ones (and all the other similar looking chinese brands) look good but they have the scoop and the matching fronts aren't as useful since they don't sit as low as the OEM ones. Ultimately, I think the fronts should dictate what you put in the back. OEM front = Nansure rears. Basenor front = Basenor rear.

In terms of installation, the fitment was just fine on mine. Only thing to watch out for was to properly hook the top parts in behind the plastic bit - or else you'll end up with a gap. Once I got one of the two rivets in, I just shimmied the flap a little until the second hole was in line. Bonus - no need to fiddle with the rear bolt which has given many people huge problems. The push-pull rivet things they give you are fine but are really tight to get in secure (I think the center pin on these are actually meant to screw in but I just shoved them in like regular push-pulls). I ended up breaking one by trying to shove the pin in with the butt of a screwdriver but they come with two extras so no big deal.

I was disappointed in them. They are very small and don’t provide any real meaningful coverage. Below is a picture comparing the size to the basenor ones. Also the fitment, at least on mine, was poor. And be careful using the rivets that it comes with. Mine wouldn’t work with the original ones from the car so I used the ones that were provided in the box and it was extremely hard to get them back out. Despite having a screw head it would not unthread. View attachment 767744View attachment 767745

Thanks for the pictures, definitely the rally armor ones provide more coverage than it shows in the picture.

Yep, the nansure ones are really for cosmetics to match the front. The rear flaps don't do anything to protect your car anyways.

I had the basenor ones prior and after a month od driving, I pulled them off and they had a ton of grit in the pockets. This is not even with rain driving or snow. I think the basenor ones look great, but I primarily wanted flaps to protect the paint in the rear doors, and the oem seems to be the best designed at doing that.

I was disappointed in them. They are very small and don’t provide any real meaningful coverage.

These things were hilariously small when standing directly behind the car. I kept them on for less than 24 hours. I wish I got a better picture, but here's the angle that I haven't seen anyone post yet (including the vendor's photos on Amazon). The angled pics make them look much larger than they actually are. The shape may be similar to the OEM front flaps, but I couldn't accept the proportions when sitting behind a 10.5" wheel.

I'm going to run just the OEM fronts for now.

51889480956_6d4b9b2753_c.jpg

I am happy with this👇Looks beautiful.
——
Nansure Car Mud Flaps Compatible with 2020 2021 2022 Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y, No Need to Drill Holes(Set of 4) Amazon.com
UPDATE: Somehow my 2 front flaps almost came off when i took my MY in the car wash. I had to find push rivet replacement that is slightly longer.
RECOMMENDATION: Check your flaps before leaving the car wash. (Note: this may apply to other brands)

Reactions: BonB
These things were hilariously small when standing directly behind the car. I kept them on for less than 24 hours. I wish I got a better picture, but here's the angle that I haven't seen anyone post yet (including the vendor's photos on Amazon). The angled pics make them look much larger than they actually are. The shape may be similar to the OEM front flaps, but I couldn't accept the proportions when sitting behind a 10.5" wheel.

I'm going to run just the OEM fronts for now.

View attachment 770926
So which brand are these?

I purchased this "Mabett" set which looks identical to the OP but much cheaper to match the stock front flaps. I first attempted to reuse the original clips, which didn't want to work with the inner mounting holes, so I then struggled with the included plastic screw clips, as it seems the only option is to just force them straight in without turning them or they'll simply strip. I see the comment above they're also hard to remove, so I guess that's that.

I purchased this "Mabett" set which looks identical to the OP but much cheaper to match the stock front flaps. I first attempted to reuse the original clips, which didn't want to work with the inner mounting holes, so I then struggled with the included plastic screw clips, as it seems the only option is to just force them straight in without turning them or they'll simply strip. I see the comment above they're also hard to remove, so I guess that's that.
This looks exactly the same as the Nansure - down to the push clips. Likely same manufacturer.

Reactions: 101dals
I'm in Cleveland and haven't seen my grass under all the snow for the past month or two. Got my MY back in November... didn't come with mud flaps unfortunately but it did have PPF on the corners of the passenger doors.
Bummer...

I know everyone in Canada is reporting getting them and I saw some posts from ppl in NY also confirming they got it... Wonder how Tesla makes the distinction

Yes. Nansure is what i currently have installed and the front flap just recently saved my TMY from damage.

Attachments

• F8AD1839-BE5B-41B7-A4E7-DFF0B4996D2B.jpeg
    F8AD1839-BE5B-41B7-A4E7-DFF0B4996D2B.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 5481F6A3-CF4D-44C7-878D-E10C18C324D7.jpeg
    5481F6A3-CF4D-44C7-878D-E10C18C324D7.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 52B01EEF-5D66-4497-B951-EEA5770AEE87.jpeg
    52B01EEF-5D66-4497-B951-EEA5770AEE87.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 119
  • BE5E8CC3-C86B-4DBB-96FD-58311A73EFAA.jpeg
    BE5E8CC3-C86B-4DBB-96FD-58311A73EFAA.jpeg