Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try Sottozero 3 PNCS or Seal Inside tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used Sottozero 3 tires for the past 4 years and really like them so I plan on buying some for the Model 3 18" wheels. It looks like they offer these in PNCS (Pirelli Noise Control System) or Seal Inside (self sealing tires) versions. My brain is leaning towards Seal Inside while my ears would like the PNCS as these are not super quiet tires. My previous tires were the standard version.

Winter SottoZero™ 3 | Performance Winter Car Tires

I have used Sottozero 3 tires for the past 4 years and really like them so I plan on buying some for the Model 3 18" wheels. It looks like they offer these in PNCS (Pirelli Noise Control System) or Seal Inside (self sealing tires) versions. My brain is leaning towards Seal Inside while my ears would like the PNCS as these are not super quiet tires. My previous tires were the standard version.

Winter SottoZero™ 3 | Performance Winter Car Tires
I like the Sottozero 3s as well. I checked with my local Discount Tire guy who said the seal inside ones are the only ones they can get. He called Pirelli, and they told him that the PNCS version is not available, and gave him no idea if they ever would be available. The Seal inside tires weight about 2-3 lbs more each than a typical 235/45-18.

Sorry I should have replied to my own thread. You are correct and I contacted Pirelli and had a decent email conversation that ended with this:

we will certainly notify our webmaster as the site requires an update as our current product sheets do not show this size in a 98 load index.​

Kindest regards,
Pirelli Consumer Affairs
So I have the Nokian R3 and it is a huge step down with dry and wet performance as expected compared to the Sottozero 3 but the wet is not worse than the MXM4. I’m sure the R3 is better than the Sottozero in ice and snow.