Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Use PetroCan Touchless (2021+ Models)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all

With our Canadian winters (Ottawa here) anyone with a 2021+ Model 3/Y with the new black anodized aluminum trim use the Petro Canada Touchless washes?

I'm worried about discolouring the trim.

Also anyone use their Petro Wash card. This gives you the "Supreme Wash" which has more chemicals than their "Basic Wash". I figure the Basic Wash would be fine but they have a deal right now for 7 washes for the price of 5 and this would be good for winter. However you can't get the basic Wash you have to use the Supreme.

Thanks!

Reason I ask is for this reason:

Touchless completely wrecked his trim. He had to have it replaced. Tesla warns about this which is why I'm asking if anyone uses Petro.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
So I went through yesterday and got the "Basic Wash" not the "Super Wash".

Trim was fine. Not sure I dare go through the Super Wash which uses the tri coat foam. I do have full car PPF and ceramic coat over top of the PPF. BASIC Wash seems fine to get the salt off.

So I went through yesterday and got the "Basic Wash" not the "Super Wash".

Trim was fine. Not sure I dare go through the Super Wash which uses the tri coat foam. I do have full car PPF and ceramic coat over top of the PPF. BASIC Wash seems fine to get the salt off.
The touchless wash just uses white foamy stuff. They have these “disco” lights to make it appear coloured.

The touchless wash just uses white foamy stuff. They have these “disco” lights to make it appear coloured.

There are 3 "levels" of Touchless washes at most PetroCans.. Basic, Full, Super Wash. The Basic is just soap+water.. The Super Wash has more chemicals for paint protection, coating, etc. The Full is kind of in the middle. The basic wash does not use that foamy stuff which I think is some kind of sealant.

It's confusing because Petro markets their car washes as "Super Wash" and "Glide Wash" which I think is Touchless vs Brushes, but when you actually get a carwash you have 3 choices of "types".

Not saying Superwash "type" will damage the car but I didn't want to risk it at first which is why I just went with basic soap+water. In the winter, that's probably enough as the car will just get dirty again a few minutes after leaving with all the salt they use here in Ottawa.

I have used the Esso touchless and haven't had issues with my Model S. Don't know Esso and P-Can use the same type of car wash, but it is quite possible.
You have a P85D that has the chrome right (based on your signature)? I don't think those are susceptible to the discolouration. Only the Model Y, 2021+ Model 3 and probably 2021+ Model S/X