Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone used a SeaSucker rack on a Model X

JonCarlson

Mar 11, 2021
San Carlos, CA
Considering buying a Model X (or a Model Y). I need tow capacity (Model X wins) and roof rack (Model Y kinda wins). I need to cartop rowing shells (boats - like kayaks but longer and skinnier) on the roof rack. Has anyone used the SeaSucker racks on a Model X? Any problems? Thanks!

Reactions: Baxterdown

JonCarlson

Mar 11, 2021
San Carlos, CA
After driving both the X and the Y, I decided I just like the smaller size of the Y and so bought one of those (with Tesla roof rack). Managed to get my 1x rack mounted but haven’t used it for real yet. I still think the SeaSucker rack had some promise, if I bought an X I would give it a try. Carefully the first time. :)

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
i've had a few friends with SeaSuckers on their cars and have had no issues with them. my only concern on the X would be dropping something on the glass roof/windshield. big bucks. I can barely clean the roof of the car without standing up inside the vehicle. no idea how you plan on loading/unloading anything big!

Reactions: jb401

5thgear

Oct 16, 2017
NYC
I have used seasucker racks to haul surf boards often and decking boards once. As a precaution, I also use bungee cords through the side windows... just in case. Since the weight is entirely on glass and the FWD, I keep my speed down and don't go above 40mph. But they do the job. No issues.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC